that's the spirit 字面意思是那就是所謂精神,換成我們通俗的話就是這才對嘛,就應該是這樣
access to: 接近;進入;有權使用;通往…的道路;
"You know people who have access to pills?" (你還認識能搞到“藥”的人啊?)----美劇《破產姐妹》
"No one else had access to that video." (沒人看過那段視頻)----美劇《新飛躍比弗利》
what's to tell? 字面意思是有什麼可告訴的?其實是有什麼可說的?有什麼要說的?
I bet/I'll bet: used to say that you are fairly sure that something is true, something is happening etc, although you cannot prove this 我敢肯定,我敢保證
I bet you she won’t come. 我跟你打賭 她不會來的。----有道英語
"I'll bet you are a spy." (我敢保證你是個間諜)----《赤焰戰場》
"I bet you it has hair! I bet you it's a girl." (我跟你賭寶寶有頭髮,我跟你賭是女兒)----《老友記》
flourish 美 [ˈflɜːrɪʃ]: to develop well and be successful 繁榮,興旺,成功
"They tell me this place used to flourish." (我聽說這個地方曾經很興旺)----《康斯坦丁》
"If buyers can tell lemons and peaches apart, trade in both will flourish." (如果買方能夠區分檸檬和桃子,兩者的交易都會紅火起來)----《經濟學人》
That's all for today
April 16, 2018. XOXO
閱讀更多 老友記美語私塾 的文章