關於稱讚人美
情景對話dialogue
Daughter:Dad, can I talk to you about something?
爸,可以問你件事嗎?
Father:Sure sweety, what is it? You look a little blue.
當然可以,寶貝女兒。什麼事?你看起來有點不開心。
Daughter:Do you think I'm beautiful? Be honest.
你覺得我漂亮嗎?老實說。
Father:You are one of the most beautiful ladies I know.
你是我見過最漂亮的女孩之一了。
Daughter:Are you talking about my personality or my looks?
你是指我的個性,還是外表?
Father:Both. And what's more, you keep getting prettier and prettier every day.
都有,而且你一天比一天漂亮。
Daughter:Ah, dad! I knew I could count on you to say something nice!
哦,老爸!我就知道你會說好話哄我!
Fathel:I'm not being nice! I'm being honest! Isn't that what you wanted?
我可不是在說好話!這可是肺腑之言!你不是想聽實話嗎?
sweety n. 寶貝;甜心
personality n. 個性
looks n.(複數)外表
what's more 而且;再者
count on someone 依賴某人;信賴某人
關於風景的美
情景對話dialogue
Man:That is the most beautiful sunset!
這是我見過的最美的夕陽!
Woman:Let's stop the car and enjoy it for a minute.
我們可以把車停下來欣賞一下。
Man:Here is a good place. Let's get out.
這個位置不錯,下車吧。
Woman:Wow. We don't get to see this in the city!
哇,在都市根本看不到這樣的景色!
Man:Mother Nature is quite an artist.
大自然不愧是藝術家。
Woman:Look behind us at the mountains! They're reflecting pink!
你看我們後面的山上夕陽照得整座山都是粉紅色的!
Man:Amazing. The sun is almost gone and yet there is still color everywhere!
太美了。太陽都快看不見了,可是餘暉卻映得到處都是!
Woman:Where is our camera? Let's see if we can catch this on film!
我們的相機在哪兒?看看能不能拍下這片美景!
sunset n. 夕陽
for a minute 一下子;一會兒
get out 出去
Mother Nature 大地之母;自然的力量
artist n. 藝術家
reflect n. 反射;反映
amazing adj. 令人驚訝的
camera n. 相機
catch something on film 用相機拍下某物
關於事物美
情景對話dialogue
Husband:Why did you buy that painting?
你為什麼買那幅畫?
Wife:I think it's beautiful. I want to hang it in the living room.
我覺得很美,我想把它掛在客廳。
Husband:It looks like some kind of mistake.
看起來好像畫壞了。
Wife:That's the beauty of it— the imperfection.
這就是它美麗酌地方——缺陷美。
Husband:Oh. Who is the artist?
哦,畫家是誰?
Wife:Your daughter. She sold it at the school auction.
你的女兒,她在學校拍賣會賣這幅畫。
Husband: Oh! How about we hang it over here where everyone can see it?
哦!何不掛在這裡讓每個人都能看到?
Wife:I guess you see the value it too?
你現在也看出它的價值了吧?
painting n. 繪畫
hang v. 懸掛
imperfection n. 瑕疵;缺陷
auction n. 拍賣
value n.價值