No matter what the paternity tests say, 不论亲子鉴定结果如何

口语学习:

1.I can't get it hot enough

.我吃不出味道

2.I've been doing some serious thinking about the baby.

我最近在认真考虑孩子的事

3.He and I need to hash this out, man to man.

他和我得解决这事,以男人的方式。

4.It's what's best for the baby.

这才是对孩子最好的。

5.Carlos is unavailable at the moment.

卡洛斯现在没空。

6.No matter what the paternity tests say, it is Carlos' child.

不论亲子鉴定结果如何,孩子是卡洛斯的。

7.He can raise this child the way it deserves to be raised。

他能给孩子提供应有的成长环境。



Carlos: Hey, be careful with that. you'll give the baby heartburn.

少加点辣,孩子的小心脏会烧到的。

Gabrielle: I can't get it hot enough. My hormones are killing my taste buds..

我吃不出味道荷尔蒙失调让我的味觉都失灵了。

I can't get it hot enough. 用到否定转移。——是指否定形式在谓语动词,而否定的信息焦点却在其他成分,此句中not否定enough

I can’t thank you enough. 我对你真是感激不尽。

Carlos: You've been paying more attention to your food than you have to me lately.

你现在对食物的兴趣比对我的兴趣还大。

Gabrielle: I plan on getting really fat as a tribute to your mother.

我要变得够胖才对得起你妈妈。

tribute n.致敬,悼念

Gabrielle: John! What are you doing?

约翰你来作什么?

John: I've been doing some serious thinking about the baby.

我最近在认真考虑孩子的事

Gabrielle: Really? Why?

是吗?为什么?

John:Because there's a good chance that it's mine and if it is I want to do the right thing.

因为孩子很可能是我的。如果是我的,我想做该做的事。

rthere's a good chance that... 很可能......

Gabrielle: No, nobody expects you to do the right thing.

你没什么该做的事。

John: Yeah, I kinda figured you might try to blow me off. That's why I'm going direct to Mr Solis.

我就知道你想让我走。所以我直接去找索利斯先生。

blow sb. off 回绝某人 拒绝某人的邀请 ,放某人鸽子

Gabrielle: What? Are you crazy? He would kill us both!

什么?你疯了吗?他会杀了我们两个。

John: He and I need to hash this out, man to man. It's what's best for the baby.

他和我得解决这事以男人的方式。这才是对孩子最好的。

hash v.反复推敲; 仔细考

Gabrielle: John!

John: Well, are you gonna go get him or am I?

我去叫他还是你去叫?

Gabrielle: Ok.You win. Wait right here.

好吧。听你的。在这儿等。


Gabrielle: Don't get out.

别出来。

Carlos: Why?

Gabrielle: Because I was going to get in.

因为我准备进去。


Gabrielle: Um, Carlos is unavailable at the moment.

卡洛斯现在没空。


John: You're lying.

你撒谎。

Gabrielle: John, what are you doing?、

你在干嘛?

John: MR SOLIS! MR SOLIS! Open Up!

索利斯先生开门。

Gabrielle: Stop it.

别叫了。


Gabrielle: What the hell are you...John?

你到底要......约翰?

John: Mrs Solis, get out of the way.

索利斯夫人,让开。

Gabrielle: John! John, no.you,you can't.

约翰,不可以。

Gabrielle: (Screams) Oh my god!

我的天啊。


John: Oh god! It burns.好辣。

Gabrielle: It's just salsa.是辣酱。

John: Well, it feels like acid.

简直像硫酸。

Gabrielle: Really? I've been finding it so bland.

真的,我不知道这么刺激。

balnd adj. 温和的;不油腻的;引不起兴趣的;平淡无奇的

John: MR SOLIS! MR SOLIS! COME OUT HERE I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!

Gabrielle: John! Stop! Shut the hell up! Listen to me, you are never gonna be the father of this baby. No matter what the paternity tests say, it is Carlos' child.

闭嘴,给我闭嘴。听我说,你永远不可能成为这个孩子的父亲。不论亲子鉴定的结果如何,这孩子都是卡洛斯的。

paternity

[pə'tɜːrnəti]    n. 父权;父子关系

paternity test 亲子鉴定

John: How can you say that?

你怎么可以这么说?

Gabrielle: Because Carlos can provide, John! He can give this baby everything. Piano lessons and summer camp and the best colleges. He can raise this child the way it deserves to be raised, you can't.

因为卡洛斯养得起这个孩子,约翰。他能给孩子需要的一切,学钢琴,去夏令营,上最好的大学,他能给孩子提供应有的成长环境。而你不能。

John: This isn't about money. This is about what's best for the baby.

这不是钱的问题,而是怎样才是为孩子好。

Gabrielle: If you want what's best for the baby, you will help me. Help me make sure this baby doesn't grow up poor like I did.

如果你想给这个孩子最好的,那你得帮我。帮助我让这个孩子别像我一样穷苦地长大。

Carlos: What is taking you????

怎么这么久?

Carlos: Oh, hi, John. What are you doing here?

你好,约翰,你怎么来了?

Gabrielle: He, uh-

John: Justin was thinking the hydrangeas needed replacing, he wanted me to come by to get a second opinion.

贾斯汀想把绣球花换了,他要听听我的建议。

Carlos: Your friend, he's a good kid, but he's not half the gardener you were. You should come back and work for us. I mean you're practically family.

你朋友是个好孩子,但不及你一半。你应该回来继续为我们工作。你就像是我们的家人。

John: Thank you, Mr Solis.