02.25 生命是一場榮耀的冒險(附真人朗讀,標準美式發音)


1. 課程由《英語週報》口語主播丁浩主講,列舉生活中使用頻率最高、卻常常被讀錯的100個英文單詞。

2. 課程為視頻課,共5課時,每個課時包含20個高頻詞彙。

3. 限時特惠價69元,名額有限,速來搶購。

1. 由《英語週報》口語主播丁浩主講,每節課5分鐘,只講一個音標,讓你迅速掌握每個音標發音要領。

2. 視頻課程,身臨其境,口型易模仿,48個音標48節課,輕鬆學習無壓力。

3. 原價199元,限時特惠99元,少吃一頓燒烤就能擁有。

英文伴讀 | 生命是一場榮耀的冒險(附真人朗讀,標準美式發音)

I was ten years old

那時我十歲

riding my bicycle

騎著自己的自行車

at break-neck speed

速度足以讓我摔斷脖子

down a hill near my home.

從家附近的山坡上向下俯衝

This was long before bike helmets were used

自行車頭盔是很久之後才發明的

Only a month before

就在一個月之前

I had hit a rock in the road,

我撞到馬路上的一塊石頭

flown over my handlebars

從車把手前面飛了出去

and smashed open my skull .

腦瓜開了瓢

I had walked home bleeding,

我渾身是血,走回了家

terrified my Mom,

嚇壞了我的母親

and gotten a trip to the hospital

to have my skull stitched shut again.

才把我的腦殼縫合好了

The memory of a boy is brief, however,

可是,小男孩都是好了傷疤忘了疼

so here I was back on my bike,

所以此刻我又在自己的自行車上了

flying fearlessly down a hill again.

義無反顧,飛也似地從山坡上往下衝

I was picking up speed

我一路加速

as I neared a curve in the road.

很快衝到馬路上的一個拐彎處

I started to hit my brakes when I saw it:

直到我看到一樣東西,才開始猛踩剎車

a pothole in the road.

馬路上有一個大坑!

Not wanting to go flying over my handlebars again

我可不想第二次從車把手前面飛出去

I twisted my wheel

我調轉車頭

and stomped on my foot brakes

踩住腳下的剎車

as hard as I could.

用盡全力

I could hear the tires skidding

我聽到輪胎摩擦地面的聲音

as I flew off the bike.

接著就從車上飛了起來

英文伴讀 | 生命是一場榮耀的冒險(附真人朗讀,標準美式發音)

Thankfully,

幸好

this time I landed on my back

這次我是背部著地

and in the soft grass

底下是柔軟的草地

of the field along the side of the road.

原來是路邊的一塊草坪

I got up and laughed.

我站起來,大笑起來

I was happy to be alive

我為自己還活著感到高興

and ready for one more ride

準備好了再騎一次

before heading home.

然後再回家

These days

如今

I am fifty one years old

我已經五十一歲了

and my bike riding days are far behind me.

騎著自行車撒野的歲月早已離我而去

I try not to stress my guardian too much these days either.

不過,我仍不敢讓自己的看護人過於心力憔悴

I am sure

我很確信

I made him work hard enough when I was a boy.

當自己年少的時候,我已經給他添了夠多的麻煩了

These days

如今

my adventures involve

我的冒險舉動包括

hugging my boys

擁抱我的兩個兒子

and petting my dogs.

輕拍我的狗

Still,

仍然

each day

每天

when I wake up in the morning

當我早上起床的時候

I am happy to be alive.

我為自己活著感到高興

Each day when I open my eyes

每天我睜開眼睛的時候

I am ready

我都準備好了

英文伴讀 | 生命是一場榮耀的冒險(附真人朗讀,標準美式發音)

for one more ride through this life

在這趟生命之旅中再騎一次

before heading home.

在我回“家”之前

I am not sure

我不知道

how many days, months, or years I have left

自己還剩下多少天,多少個月,抑或多少年

but I am determined

但我決心

to live them all in laughter, love and joy.

要用歡笑,愛和喜悅度過每一天

Life is a glorious adventure .

生命是一次榮耀的冒險

Its most exciting parts, though ,

不過,這旅行中最精彩的時刻

aren’t when you risk your neck.

卻不是你差點摔斷脖子的時候

They are when you share your heart.

而是你將自己的心意分享出去的時候

May you give your love freely,

願你能自由的播撒自己的愛

to yourself,

願你愛自己

and to everyone else.

也愛所有其他的人

May you make your ride through this life

希望你能讓自己在這一世的旅行

a joyous one for everyone you can.

讓儘可能多的人感到快樂

(文字內容來自網絡綜合整理,音頻內容系作者原創。)

審稿 | 李棟

校稿 | 呂放

福利:

點擊右上角關注我們,主頁私信回覆:口語學習,免費贈送【英語900句】音視頻內容。

馬上點擊左下方【瞭解更多】,免費獲取課程試聽課!

英文伴讀 | 生命是一場榮耀的冒險(附真人朗讀,標準美式發音)


分享到:


相關文章: