英文短文“怎麼長的更高”

So how do we grow taller?

我們如何才能長得更高?

What’s the secret?

有什麼秘訣呢?

I think I’ve probably had about a thousand messages and comments in total

我想我大概收集了一千條信息和評論

to do a video on this topic.

來做關於這個話題的視頻

So without further ado. Let’s begin.

所以閒話少說 我們開始吧

Now it’s thought that genetics account for 80% of our final height,

目前人們認為基因在最終身高決定中佔80%

but there are something called environmental factors

但是還有另一種佔到20%的因素

which account for about 20 % of our final height

叫做環境因素

and that’s what we’re going to discuss today.

這就是我們今天的討論內容

So puberty is when we typically begin our growth spurt

青春期是我們的生長黃金時期

but we all grow at different pace.

但不同人生長速度卻不盡相同

Now once we go past puberty

一旦度過青春期

we generally stop growing.

我們一般會停止生長

So if you are watching this video and you are in your adolescence.

所以如果正在觀看這條視頻的你正處在青春期

That’s fantastic.

那就太棒了

Because this video should help you

因為這個視頻會幫你

maximize your potential growth.

開發生長潛能

However, if you are not in your adolescence,

然而 如果你已經錯過了青春期

then please continue watching.

那麼請接著往下看

Because there are tips in this video

因為這個視頻裡有些小建議

that can help make improvements at any age.

會幫你在任何年齡段都做出改善

OK. So tip one.

首先 第一條

Avoid stunting your natural growth,

不要妨礙你的自然生長

and the big players in this are caffeine and smoking.

不要碰咖啡因 也不要吸菸

So the way that caffeine does this is by affecting your sleep,

咖啡因會影響你的睡眠

because sleep is vital for you to grow to your maximum potential.

因為睡眠對你的身高發育至關重要

And I’m going to discuss sleep a bit further on.

我之後也會進一步討論睡眠問題

Now research has shown that

目前研究表明

smoking and even second hand smoke

吸菸 甚至吸二手菸

actually reduce height in children.

會讓孩子們長不高

So if you do smoke please quit,

因此 如果你吸菸 請戒掉

or if you do have any family or friends that smoke,

如果你有家人或朋友抽菸

please help them quit.

請幫他們戒掉

And also ask them not to smoke around you,

並且請他們不要在你周圍抽菸

ask them to smoke outside.

讓他們出去抽

So you’re not getting that secondhand smoke.

這樣你就不會吸入二手菸

I’ll leave more information on quitting and about secondhand smoke

我也會在下面的摘要欄

in the description below for you too.

為你提供更多關於戒菸和二手菸的信息

Which moves us on to tip number two.

讓我們繼續看第二個秘訣

Now to help you grow as tall as possible,

想要儘可能地長高

you need to be eating a healthy balanced diet.

你需要均衡膳食

So you need to be eating proteins,

你需要多攝入蛋白質

You need to be eating fruit.

多吃水果

You need to be eating veg.

多吃蔬菜

I know it sounds like a grandma talking,

我知道這很老生常談

but it’s true your body needs these minerals.

但你的身體確實需要這些礦物質

So you can grow as tall as possible.

這樣你才可以儘可能地長高

Now I’ll also leave a really useful link in the description below

在下面的摘要欄 我也會放上一些有用的鏈接

all about healthy balanced diets.

它們都是關於如何均衡膳食的

It’s by the NHS

它們是NHS出品

and I’d highly recommend everyone to read it.

我強烈推薦每個人都看一下

Tip number three, get enough sleep.

第三條 保證充足睡眠

Most of our growth actually happens when we’re sleeping

事實上 我們大多數的生長都發生在睡眠過程中

and that’s when our body releases the most amount of growth hormone.

睡覺時 我們的身體會釋放最大量的生長激素

Now if you’re not sleeping enough,

現在如果你睡眠不足

it’s actually hurting the amount of growth hormone

身體分泌的生長激素

that your body releases.

就會減少

So you’re actually not helping yourself grow to your full potential.

這就不會幫你開發完整的生長潛力

Now you’re probably thinking,

現在你沒準在思考

well, how would sleep should I get?

那好吧 我到底該怎麼睡呢?

what’s the healthy amount?

睡多久才算健康?

Well, it all depends on your age and how many hours you get.

其實 這取決於你的年齡和可支配時間

So what I will do is

因此 我將在視頻下方的摘要欄

I’ll leave more information in the description below for you.

留下更多的信息供大家參考

Feel free to check it out

請隨意瀏覽

and if you’re struggling to fall asleep

如果你正被失眠折磨

I did make a video on this a while ago.

我之前做過相關的視頻

I leave a link up here and in the description too.

鏈接會放在屏幕右上角以及摘要欄裡

Tip number four is all about exercise .

第四條是關於運動的

Now when we do exercise,

當我們運動時

it boosts our hormones,

荷爾蒙會大量分泌

it boosts our growth hormones,

生長激素也會大量分泌

it makes us process foods differently

同時也能幫助改善消化

and it contributes to muscle growth.

促使肌肉增長

Now all of this can affect our physical appearance

這些都會影響到我們的身體外在形象

including height.

包括身高

Now if you’re 5 to 18 years of age,

如果你正處於5至18歲之間

you need to be aiming for 60 minutes of exercise every single day.

你需要每天運動一小時

So what you need to do

所以你要做的是

is put those phones away and exercise,

放下手機 開始運動

but first watch this entire video,

當然首先你得先看完本視頻

get all the tips and then put your phone away,

掌握了所有的秘訣 再放下手機

go and exercise.

開始鍛鍊

I’ll also leave a really useful link in the description below,

下面的摘要欄有可用鏈接

which has got all the different age groups

它包含了各個年齡段

and how much exercise you should be doing.

所需的運動量

Tip number five,

第五

many people actually lose height without even knowing it,

很多人其實會不自覺地顯矮

Think about this,

你想一下

you’re watching this video right now,

你現在正在看這個視頻

you’re sat or you are standing,

要麼坐著 要麼站著

but how you sat?

但你是怎麼坐的?

How are you standing?

又是怎麼站的呢?

What’s you’re posture like?

姿勢如何呢?

So tip number five is

因此 第五條就是

all to do with posture.

注意姿勢

Now think about this example for a second.

你想一下這個情景

You’ve come to the doctor’s office.

你去醫生辦公室

You’ve come to the nurse.

一個護士走過來

And you’ve been asked to take your height.

要求測量你的身高

Now you probably don’t stand slouched, do you?

你應該不會懶散地站著 對吧?

When you’re getting your height

當你量身高時

you probably do what I do.

你可能像我這樣站

And you stand the straight as possible

儘可能地站直

to get the best result.

以求獲得最好的結果

It might feel unnatural though.

但是你可能會覺得不太自然

So what you need to do is

因此你需要做的就是

make good posture your natural stance,

讓正確的姿勢習慣成自然

and you might think to yourself,but Abraham,

你可能會自己想 “但是 Abraham

that’s easy I just stand straight.

這太簡單了 站直就可以了”

But it’s a lot more difficult than that.

但這比你想象的要難得多

What I will do is, I’ll leave a link in the description below.

我將會在視頻下方的摘要欄留下一個鏈接

It’s an NHS article

這是一篇NHS的文章

on how to maintain good posture.

關於如何保持正確的姿勢

And I guarantee you,

我保證

if you do it properly.

如果你正確執行了

It will make a massive difference.

你會看到顯著成效

Now some of the messages

在我收到的

that I received to make a video on this week’s topic

要求製作本週主題視頻的消息中

had been a little upsetting to read

有一些讓人有點不忍卒讀

So I just want to say,

對此我只想說

please don’t compare yourselves to others,

不要拿自己去和別人做比較

I don’t think I’ve ever personally thought about someone’s height when I meet them

當我遇到一個人的時候 我從不會考慮他的身高

I focus on people’s qualities.

我更關心他們的品格

And you should do that too.

你也應該這樣做

Focus on your great qualities.

專注於可貴的內在

Don’t think about it.

不要太在意身高

Don’t let it get to you

別被身高困擾

and always remember that you’re awesome.

永遠記住你很棒

See you next week.

下週見啦

All of these will contribute to

以上內容都會對

your physical experience, experience, appearance

你甚至沒有意識到的

without even knowing it.

親身經……經歷 外貌 產生影響

Think about it,

試想一下

you’re watching this video right now.

你正在觀看本條視頻

You (Mumble and Laughter)

你……[口糊]

Now it’s thought that

目前人們認為

genetics account for about 80%

基因大約佔80%


分享到:


相關文章: