看美剧学口语:out of nowhere 莫名其妙的出现; 不知打哪儿来

Bree 引火烧身,药剂师爱而不得采取报复行动。 她老公心脏病的药在药剂师那给偷梁换柱了。


看美剧学口语:out of nowhere  莫名其妙的出现; 不知打哪儿来



Mary Alice Voiceover: Spring comes every year to wisteria lane. It's the time when flowers start to bloom. When butterflies emerge from their cocoons. When bees begin to search for nectar.

春天每年都如约来到紫藤郡。花儿含苞欲放蝴蝶破茧而出,蜜蜂忙着采花蜜。

Mary Alice Voiceover: Spring is also the time when a young man's fancy turns to obsession.

春天也是一个年轻男人的梦想破灭的时候

fancy n.喜爱;幻想;想像力

obsession [əb'sɛʃ(ə)n] n. 痴迷;困扰;[内科][心理] 强迫观念

George: Hello there.

你好。

Bree: (shocked to see him) Oh, my heavenly days. Rex, look, it's George.

真巧啊。雷克斯,是乔治。

heavenly 美好的、天国似的

heavenly days 用来表达惊喜意外、愤怒、沮丧、恼怒等。

Oh, heavenly days! I haven't seen you in years!

Heavenly days, would you let me finish my story?

George:It's great to see you Bree,Rex.

很高兴见到你,布里、雷克斯。

Rex: George.

George: (to Rex) So how's your health?

你身体怎么样?

Rex: Not good, and my cardiologist

is an idiot.

不太好,我的医生是个白痴。

cardiologist [ˌkɑːrdiˈɑːlədʒɪst] n.心脏病医生; 心脏病学家

Bree: The doctor upped his dosage twice and it's still not helping.

医生把剂量增加了两倍可是还是没效果。

George: I'm sure it will all work itself out. You know, it's funny running into you both. I happen to have extra tickets to a bonsai exposition in Mount Pleasant Friday night. Would you like to go?

我想会起作用的(药剂师话中有话,他把布里丈夫心脏病药给换掉,吃了会慢慢心脏衰竭而死,达到杀人不见血的目的)。见到你们两个真好。我刚好有周五晚上的芒特普莱森特盆栽展览会的门票。你们想去吗?

happen to 碰巧

bonsa ['bɑnsaɪ] n. 盆栽

exposition[ˌekspəˈzɪʃn]

n.(理论、计划等的) 解释,说明,阐述; (产品的) 展销; 商品交易会; 产品博览会;

Bree: (accepts straight away) I would love to. Rex?

当然了,雷克斯?

Rex: A whole evening of bonsai trees?Wouldn't it be easier to just shoot me?

一晚上对着盆栽还不如直接给我一枪呢。

George: (straight faced) Probably.说得也是。

Bree: Well, why don't we just go by ourselves then?

那不如我们两个去吧?

Rex: Uh, actually Bree we have that thing Friday night.

其实,布里我们周五晚上又安排

Bree: What thing? We don't have a thing.

什么事?我们没安排啊。

George: Actually, I think what your husband is trying to say is that he doesn't want you going out with me.

我想你丈夫可能是不想让你和我一起出去

Bree: Rex, are you still jealous?

雷克斯,你还在嫉妒?

Rex: No.没有。

Bree: It's true that we dated during the separation, but George and I are just friends now, aren't we?

分居时我们是约会过,但现在我们两个只是普通朋友,对吗?

George: Strictly platonic. But if you feel threatened?

绝对的柏拉图式(精神恋爱)。但如果你感觉到有什么威胁的话

platonic adj. 理想的;柏拉图哲学的;不切实际的;纯精神友谊的

Rex: I don't feel threatened. (obviously lying)

我没觉得有威胁。

Bree: Good, then it's a date.

那就好,说定了。

George: So are you going to make a purchase today?

你们两个今天要东西吗?

Bree: Do you know, I've finally convinced Rex to buy his first orchid.

我终于说服勒克斯买下了他得第一支兰花

George: Make sure you study up. I hate people who own precious flowers and don't know how to take proper care of them.

好好学习吧。我讨厌那些好花在手却不懂得好好珍惜的人。

Rex: You know what I hate? Weeds. They just pop up out of nowhere and you have to work so hard to get rid of them.

你知道我讨厌什么吗? 杂草。它们突然冒出来,你得废老大劲才能除掉。

out of nowhere 突然出现; 莫名其妙的出现; 不知打哪儿来

George: I find that with the right chemicals you can almost get rid of anything. (to Bree) See you Friday.

我发现只要有

合适得药物,你几乎可以除掉任何东西。周五见。


分享到:


相關文章: