生活的殘忍不在於它的蠻橫霸道,而是它總會來挑戰你那些舊有的理解。它會告訴你:你又想錯了。
插畫師Alex Noriega在工作受挫後感到迷茫不安,就用圖文記錄了一些生活感悟。他的博客叫做“那些沒人告訴我的事”(Stuff No One Told Me),他一直更新著自己的博客,而他的人生感悟也讓無數人受益匪淺。
網友們都愛極了這些頗有哲理的畫,希望你也能從這些插畫中獲得溫暖和力量。
Don't push your friends into your stuff...Let them find it and like it if they want to.
不要強迫你的朋友愛你所愛,除非他們心甘情願。
No one cares about the two weeks you "lived" in America / Europe / Asia... Stop bragging about it.
不要吹噓你只是“路過”的地方,沒人在意你的那些所謂經驗之談。
Good imagination is a sign of great intelligence.
想象力對你的人生意義非凡。
Always be yourself, unless you re an arrogant bastard.
除非你是個十足的混蛋,要不然的話,最大程度地堅持做自己。
Being successful means something different to each person.
不要讓別人告訴你什麼是成功,不要讓別人幫你下成功的定義。
Sometimes, "F**k you" is the best answer. But not always...sadly.
實在受不了了的時候,那就去他的。
It's ok to change your mind about people and things in your life... Just try to make sense.
不要侷限於經驗,不要害怕重新認識生活中的人和事。
Don't spread your anger all over the internet. It's stupid and every one can tell you do it because you have a small dick.
不要做網絡噴子,在別人眼裡你和殭屍沒有區別。
Always wear nice underwear, you never know when you might get lucky or need a doctor.
內衣買好點的,你早晚會知道它的意義。
Don't complain about your life, because you don't have the car or house that you wanted... being unlucky means something else.
不要因為沒車沒房抱怨生活,多得是比你不幸的人。
Some of the most interesting people I know, don't know what to do with their lives.
很多在我看來非常有趣的人,常常意識不到自己的有趣。
It's good to have big hopes and expectations but keep them logical...
有野心和夢想總沒錯,但也要懂得腳踏實地。
Over analyzing will lead you to the wrong conclusions.
多慮容易失去很多樂趣,甚至導致錯誤的結論。
You can't get rid of your fears... But you can learn to live with them.
你可能無法戰勝恐懼,但你可以試著和他們和平共處。
You are not as weird as you think you are... Everyone feels a little different than the rest.
你並不像你想象的那樣特別,每個人都覺得自己與眾不同。
There will always be prettier and uglier people than you.
這個世界上,多得是比你醜和比你美的人。
Find someone with whom you can laugh about everything and the rest will be fine.
找一個有共同笑點的人比什麼都重要。
Surround yourself with things and people that inspire you.
選擇那些可以給你帶來正能量的人和事。
Things are just things. Don't get too attached to them.
不要花費太多感情在一些虛無的東西上,比如社交軟件和遊戲。
"Hello" is the most powerful word against loneliness.
當你孤獨的時候,試著主動跟人打招呼。
Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be.
沒有什麼事情比成為一個平庸的人更糟的了。
Fashion and trends are bullshit. Don't let them fool you.
時尚流行都是扯淡,不要讓它們左右你的審美。
Save some time to be lazy. It's good for you.
偶爾做個“廢人”沒什麼不好。
No brand is your friend.
不要成為名牌的奴隸。
Your family problems aren't yours.
家庭的錯不是你的問題,但也不要把一切不如意都怪罪於原生家庭。
People who only call you when they need something aren't your friends.
只在需要的時候才找你的人不是真正的朋友。
Being successful means something different to each person… Respect that.
成功對每個人的意義是不同的,尊重這一點。
Women are as horny as men. They just hide their boners better.
女人和男人一樣“好色”,只是她們更善於隱藏。(作者說的)
No one's really keeping track of how many times you screw up...
不要老是糾結於過去犯的錯誤。
Hide nothing and you'll have nothing to hide.
不要讓自己的人生空無一物。
Stay open to new things.
永遠對新事物保持好奇心。
Your salary doesn't determine how good of a person you are.
收入的多少並不能定義一個人的好壞。
Sleeping is the healthiest thing you can do without doing anything.
睡眠是最健康的生活方式。
You're not especially lazy... You re just a mammal.
當你覺得自己懶得出奇的時候,學著安慰自己,哺乳動物都這樣。
©漫畫 Alex Noriega 本文僅代表原作者觀點
閱讀更多 英語世界雜誌 的文章