《小屁孩日記》雙語閱讀筆記2.6

《小屁孩日記》雙語閱讀筆記2.6

《小屁孩日記》是一個美國中學生的日記,受孩子的影響,我也是《小屁孩日記》的成人鐵粉啦。這套書故事情節富於想象力,幽默,雖然是一本兒童讀物,但地道的英語表達是學習口語的好素材,讀著英文,看著笑話,快樂閱讀,快樂學習,啟程吧!

Thursday

I was heading up to Rowley's today to play our Big Wheel game again, but Mom said I had to finish my Christmas thank-yours before I went out anywhere.

我有準備去羅利家玩"大輪子"了。但老媽下令,沒把所有感謝卡寫完,我哪也別想去。

I thought I could just crank out my thank-you cards in a half hour, but when it came to actually writing them, my mind went blank.

我本來以為不用半小時就能完工,但到拿起筆的時候,卻發現我的大腦一片空白。

筆記:

crank out: 快速大量地製造

He cranked out three novels last year.

去年他粗製濫造,寫了三本小說。

Let me tell you, it's not easy writing thank-you notes for stuff you didn't want in the first place.

我跟你說,為你自己不想要的東西寫感謝卡,一點都不容易。

I started with the nonclothes items, because I thought they'd be easiest. But after two or three cards, I realized I was practically writing the same thing every time.

我先從衣服以外的東西入手,因為我覺得感謝別人送你的衣服最容易,但寫了兩三行之後,我意識到實際上我每張卡寫的話都差不多。

So I wrote up a general form on the computer with blanks for the things that needed to change. Writing the cards from there was a breeze.

所以我在電腦上寫了一個通用的表格,上面可以修改。在那裡寫卡片是一件輕而易舉的事

筆記:

be a breeze: 容易,輕鬆

Don't think that learning Dutch will be a breeze.

不要以為學荷蘭語是件輕鬆的事。

Dear Aunt Lydia,

親愛的 莉迪亞阿姨:

Thank you so much for the awesome encyclopedia! How did you know I wanted that for Christmas?

真感謝你呀,送了那麼棒的《百科全書》給我!你怎麼知道我想要它作聖誕禮物呢?

I love the way the encyclopedia looks on my shelf! All my friends will be so jealous that I have my very own encyclopedia.

我好喜歡《百科全書》放在我書架上的樣子啊!我的朋友都會羨慕我能擁有自己的《百科全書》。

Thank you for making this the best Christmas ever!

謝謝你讓今年聖誕節成為我過得最好的聖誕節!

Sincerely, Greg

真心真意的 格雷

My system worked out pretty well for the first couple of gifts, but after that, not so much.

對剛開始的幾件禮物,我的系統相當管用,但往後就不怎麼樣了。

筆記:

Wwork out:

①制定出計劃等

I had it all worked out = had made very careful plans.

我已制定了細緻的計劃。

②計算出答案、價格等

We'll have to work out how much food we'll need for the pary.

我們必須算出這次聚會需要多少食物。

③設法弄懂某事

I'm sure you can work it out for yourself.

我想你自己一定會弄明白的。

④(複雜情況)逐漸化解

I'm sure everything will work itself out.

我確信一切都會好起來的。

⑤鍛鍊,健身

Work out at a gym or swim twice a week.

一週到健身房鍛鍊兩次貨游泳兩次。

Dear Aunt Loretta,

親愛的 洛蕾塔阿姨:

Thank you so much for the awesome pants!

真謝謝你呀, 送了那麼棒的褲子給我!

How did you know I wanted that for Christmas?

你怎麼知道我想要它做聖誕禮物呢?

I love the way the pants looks on my legs!

我好喜歡褲子放在我腿上的樣子啊!

All my friends will be so jealous that I have my very own pants.

我的朋友都會羨慕我能擁有自己的褲子。

Thank you for making this the best Christmas ever!

謝謝你讓今年聖誕節成為我過得最好的聖誕節!

Sincerely, Greg

真心真意的 格雷


分享到:


相關文章: