美剧英语|三个单词,教你说“放鸽子

接着上期,今天继续学习Joanna为你精选的美剧英语口语 ~

1. You're the dirty rat.

你就是那个叛徒

传神的拟人手法说“叛徒”traitor。看过美剧的朋友都知道,dirty带有“污秽的,卑鄙的,猥亵的,肮脏的,龌龊的,令人厌恶的”意味,rat在俚语当中指“背叛人,告密者,鼠辈,卑鄙小人”,dirty rat 肮脏的卑鄙小人,就是“叛徒”。

He betrayed his country, he's a dirty rat.

他背叛了他的国家,他是叛徒。

2. If you so much as lay a finger on me

如果你动我一根手指头

lay a finger on sb 放一根指头在某人身上,表示“接触,触碰,动手打人,加害”

If you lay a finger on her , I ' ll tell you where to get off.

你要敢碰她 , 我就让你知道自己该上哪凉快去。

How dare you lay a finger on him?

你怎敢碰他?

3. You stood me up in Florence.

你在佛罗伦萨放我鸽子

stand up“起立”中间加上somebody后变成美式俚语,stand sb up表示“失约,放鸽子,爽约”

We were to have had dinner together yesterday evening, but he stood me up.

我们昨晚本来要一起吃晚饭的,但他爽约了。

He was in a foul mood because he had been stood up.

他因被放鸽子而心情不好。

4. Zip me up.

替我拉拉链

zip 名词表示“拉链”。zip up sth把某物拉上拉链,

zip sb up 帮某人拉拉链

My jeans wouldn't zip up.

我的牛仔裤拉不上了。

Will you zip up my dress?

把我衣服的拉链拉上去好吗 ?

Go and help zip her up.

去帮她拉拉链。

5. He's been hitting on me for 20 minutes.

他已经勾引我20分钟了。

hit on除了表示“忽然想到, 偶然发现”,这里指“示爱,挑逗”

If someone hits on you, they speak or behave in a way that shows they want to have a sexual relationship with you.

She was hitting on me and I was surprised and flattered.

她在挑逗我,这让我感到既惊讶又受宠若惊。

Don't hit on me. 别挑逗我。