I hope you'll leave my family alone 我希望你还我一个清静的家



Susan: Uh! (she's startled.)

Paul: Hello Susan.

Susan: Paul, hi.


Paul: I understand you and Edie went snooping through my house.

我知道你和伊迪在我家鬼鬼祟祟做了什么。

snoop

.窥探者;到处窥视

vi.窥探;打听


Susan: Huh? (acts dumb)

Paul: It's okay, I'm not mad. So what do you want to know about Angela?

没关系,我没生气。你想了解安吉拉的哪些方面?


Paul: It was Mary Alice's birth name, she was named after her aunt Angela. When she was a teenager, they had a falling-out, so she changed her name to Mary Alice. This was before we were married, so sorry if I'm hazy on the details.

那是玛丽.爱丽丝的本名,这名字来自她的阿姨安吉拉,当她十几岁时 和她阿姨闹翻了,因此把名字改为玛丽.爱丽丝

falling-out n. 失和;闹翻;

Susan: That's it? That's the explanation? (not quite believing what she's hearing)

就这样,这就是你的解释?

Paul: Ridiculously simple, isn't it?

简单得让然难以置信,是吧?

Susan: She changed her name because she got in a fight with her aunt? Paul,it just doesn't seem like something Mary Alice would do.

仅仅因为和她阿姨闹翻就改了名字,保罗,这可不像玛丽.艾莉丝的做事风格啊。

Paul: Neither does suicide, but we both know she did it. So can we finally put this behind us, or do you need to break into my home for anything else?

自杀也不像啊,但我们都知道她的确这么做了。所以我们能不计往事了吗?或者你还想进我家搜点倍的资料?

Susan: No. I'm good, thanks.

不会了。我了解了,谢谢。

(gets up to leave)

Susan: Though, if you wouldn't mind, I'm really like to see that video tape I found, the one marked "Angela". It'd be nice to see Mary Alice when she was young.

如果你不介意的话,我想看看我找到那盒录像带,上面写着安吉拉的。能看看安吉拉年轻时的样子也不错。

Paul: I'm afraid that box of tapes was thrown out with the trash.

很抱歉,我把那盒录像带和垃圾一起扔了。

Susan: (knows she's caught him out) Ok,then.

那就算了。

Paul: Susan, I'm serious when I say I hope you'll leave my family alone now. This endless suspicion of yours is becoming very tiring.

苏珊,我真心希望你能还我一个清静的家,你的无休止的好奇心让我疲于应付。

leave ... alone.让独自呆着,不打扰

Susan:Yeah.I couldn't agree more.

好的。乐意之至。

I couldn't agree more. (英文中否定意义单词和比较级连用表是肯定的最高级的意思0

字面:我不能同意更多,意思是完全赞成