以前我寫過狀語,詳見 。但是它是以構成狀語的詞性的分類寫的,如副詞,非謂語動詞等。這種分類有益於分析句子成分,但是無益於用狀語表達。本文便以五大基本狀語類型開始,討論狀語在句子裡的功能。
時間狀語
I go to school at 7:00 every morning. 我每天早晨7點鐘去學校。
We brought another house recently. 最近我們買了另一套房子。
I worked as an assistant during my summer vacation. 在暑假期間我以助理的身份工作。
I have not get the chance to speak with her yet. 我還沒有取得和她說話的機會。
地點狀語
I like it here so I do not miss Shu state. 此間樂,不思蜀。
Don't be proud. There are talents everywhere. 不要驕傲,人才到處都有。
Please wait behind the red line outside the door. 請在門外的紅線後等候。
Nowhere can you find such a beautiful girl. 你在別處可找不到這麼漂亮的女孩。
方式狀語
Could you speak more slowly? 你能說得更慢些嗎?
He finished the work quickly and went home. 他很快做完工作後回家了。
I politely handed my homework to my teacher. 我禮貌得把作業交給老師。
Don't behave rudely, or I will beat you. 不要那麼粗魯,否則我揍你。
頻率狀語
He never attends a party without money. 他從不赴宴不帶錢。
He sometimes attends a party without money. 他有時赴宴不帶錢。
He usually attends a party without money. 他通常赴宴不帶錢。
He always attends a party without money. 他一直赴宴不帶錢。
程度狀語
I have many admirers. He is my admirer, too. 有很多愛慕我的人,他也是我的愛慕者。
You have done enough today, so you can rest tomorrow. 你今天做得夠多了,明天可以不來上班了。
This student nearly passed the exam, so that he is the one who cried most badly. 這個學生差點就通過考試了,所以他哭得最兇。
I am so excited to meet you again. 再見你我很高興。
其它狀語
表示持續時間的
He may not stay long enough to see the completion of this project. 他可能活不到工程完工的時候。
表示觀點的
Personally, I would rather you win the game. 從我個人方面說,我希望贏比賽的是你。
Frankly speaking, you are wrong. 坦白的說,你錯。
表示評價的
Unfortunately, I forget to buy you a present for your birthday. 不幸的是,我忘了在你生日時買禮物。
He like you, apparently. 很顯然,他愛你。
閱讀更多 英語學人 的文章