每日地道英文表達!學英語要潛移默化,循序漸進!

學英語不是一定要用整塊的時間來學習,像使用今日頭條看新聞的時候,就完全可以順帶學學這些地道的英語表達。一次也別看太多太久,貪多嚼不爛。潛移默化、循序漸進,更好一些!

每日地道英文表達!學英語要潛移默化,循序漸進!

1. fall in love 墜入愛河;fall out of love 愛情不再。

He was penniless when I fell in love with him.

我愛上他的時候他一貧如洗。

The couple have fallen out of love with each other.

這對伴侶之間愛情火花已經熄滅。

2. for kicks 找刺激。

The kids stole CDs just for kicks.

孩子偷CD,完全為了找刺激。

He enjoys doing things like rock climbing and bungee jumping, just for kicks.

他喜歡攀巖和蹦極這種事,為了就是尋找刺激。

每日地道英文表達!學英語要潛移默化,循序漸進!

3. I wasn't born yesterday. 意思是我可不傻,別想騙我。

You can't expect me to believe that. I wasn't born yesterday.

你不會真以為我會相信吧?我又不傻。

You'd better come up with a better excuse. Your boss wasn't born yesterday, you know.

你最好想個更好點的藉口,你老闆可不傻。

4. elbow room 可以伸展(發展)的空間。

The kitchen is way too small. There is no elbow room at all.

這廚房太小了,連轉身的地方都沒有。

I need to find a new job. My boss doesn't give me any elbow room for professional growth.

我得找份新工作,我老闆一點專業發展的空間都不給我。

每日地道英文表達!學英語要潛移默化,循序漸進!

5. one's heart is in the right place 本意是好的。

His criticism might be a bit harsh, but his heart was in the right place.

他的批評可能過於嚴厲,但他本意是好的。

My father was really strict with me, but I knew his heart was in the right place.

我爸對我管得很嚴,但我知道他是本意是好的。

6. play sth. by ear 見機行事。

I didn't have time to prepare for the job interview. I will have to play it by ear.

我沒時間為面試做準備,只好見機行事了。

He is a spur-of-the-moment kind of guy. He never has plans and plays everything by ear.

他幹事喜歡心血來潮,從無計劃,隨機應變。

英語控每天更新6個左右的地道英語表達,每天學學,不知不覺英語就進步了!


分享到:


相關文章: