熟知真正英語文化英語口語才能表達更地道

熟知真正英語文化英語口語才能表達更地道

熟知真正英語文化英語口語才能表達更地道

1. Whatever

隨便

Non-Americans take offense when someone says, "whatever" because it is insulting.

除了美國人以外的其他人都很排斥聽到"Whatever"這個詞,因為這是種侮辱。

If someone visiting the U.S. asks a question or makes a statement and gets"whatever" as a response, it means the person responding doesn't care what theforeigner has to say.

如果某人在去美國的時候,問了一個問題或者說了什麼話得到"Whatever"這個回答的話,就意味著回答他的那個人根本不在意他說了什麼。

When using this word, you're basically saying that you don't care what the personhas to say.

當你再用這個詞的時候,你基本上是在說你根本不在意那個人說了什麼。

So please don't be rude and don't channel your inner "Clueless."

所以不要太粗魯,別將你內心的"自我"心理表現出來。

2. You Know

你知道的

One popular but confusing phrase is, "you know."

一個常用並且容易混淆的詞就是"You Know."

A popular phrase among the American youth and valley girls, it can be reallyannoying to the listener, especially if he or she doesn't completely understand whatyou're talking about.

這是個美國青年跟山谷女孩之間常用的詞,對聽者來說,這個詞真的很煩,尤其

是用在如果他或者她沒有完全明白你在說什麼的時候。

Saying "you know" is like asking, "Are you listening?" or "Do you understand?" Justthink how annoying that would be.

說"You know,"就好像是在說:"你有在聽嗎?"或者"你聽明白了嗎?"只要想想就知道有多惱火了。

3. No Way

沒門兒

When people hear this term, they feel like they have to defend what they're sayingand explain it further.

別人聽到這個詞的時候,會覺得自己必須要為自己的話辯解,於是解釋得更多。

Foreigners consider the term "no way" as an ignorant response because the personcan't think of anything else to say.

外國人覺得"Mo way"這個詞是一種無視別人的回答,因為這個詞會讓別人無話可說。

Responding with "no way" basically means that you don't believe what a person istelling you.

用"No way"這個詞回答的話基本上就意味著你不相信那個人所說的話。

4.fair enough

A. 表達認同,類似於 OK。

a: I don't feel like going out tonight. I've got a bit of a headache.

我今晚不想出去了,我有點頭疼。

b: Fair enough. 好的。

B. 最常見的情況,同樣表達認同,但說"Fair Enough"的這個人一開始並不認同,後來被說服了,意思無限接近於"你說的好有道理,我居然無法反駁"。

5. Good Luck with That

祝你好運

"Good luck with that" is a dismissive phrase that means you don't care what happensand you're glad it's not you that has to deal with the problem.

"祝你好運"是一個很不屑的短語,意思是你根本不在乎會發生什麼或者你很高興遇到麻煩的那個人不是你。

It offers no help to the person who has the problem and you're brushing them offinstead of helping.

這句話不僅不會給那個遇到困難的人任何幫助,反而會打擊到他們。

6. My Bad

我的錯

Foreigners consider "my bad" as an easy out, rather than a sincere apology for amistake.

外國人認為"我的錯"很容易說出口,而不是因為犯錯了而真心地道歉。

If you do something that's wrong or made a mistake and you say, "my bad," you'retelling the other person to get over it and move on.

如果你做錯了什麼事或者犯了什麼錯,然後你說"我的錯"的話,你就是在告訴別人忘掉過去往前看。

Foreigners find this response rude and uncaring.

外國人會覺得這個回答既粗魯又很不屑。

7. What's Up

怎麼啦

When people from other countries hear, "what's up?" they consider it a dismissivephrase.

別的國家的人聽到"what's up?"的時候,他們覺得這是句很不屑的話。

What's Up is a substitution for the traditional greeting "hello" but gives theimpression that you don't care what the person is doing.

What's up 傳統上是用來代替"Hello"這個詞來表示問候的,但是給人一種不在意別人在做什麼的感覺。

The person answering the question feels the only response is "nothing" meaning theperson asking doesn't truly care!

回答問題的那個人會覺得只有"nothing"這個回答才意味著那個問問題的人真的不在意。

8. Freak Out

嚇死了

The term, "freak out" means you're in a panic over something that happened.

"Freak out"這個詞意味著你對當時所發生的事情感到很恐慌。

Foreigners find this term off-putting because it is overused.

外國人很煩這個詞,因為它被過度使用。

Freaking out is supposed to mean out of control or manic but it's usually used insituations when a person is excited over something.

"Freak out"這個詞本來是表示失控或者狂躁,但是現在通常用來表示某人因為某事很激動。

9. Least Worst Option

最佳選擇

This paradoxical expression just confuses matters, especially if you're saying it to aperson from another country.

這個矛盾的表達只是在混淆視聽,尤其是你在跟別的國家的人說這句話的時候。

It means that something is the best choice from a list of bad options.

這句話的意思是在一些不好的選擇裡面做出最好的選擇。

For example, "This English assignment is the "least worst option" on the teacher'sassignment list."

比如說:"這份英語作業是老師的作業清單裡的'最佳選擇'。"

10. It Is What It Is

事情就是這樣

The phrase, "It is what it is," means that there is nothing you can do about it and itdoesn't matter.

這個短語:"事情就是這樣,"意思是你無能為力並且這沒什麼大不了。

If you use this term, you're saying that you're helpless to change anything, instead ofoffering a solution.

如果你用這個短語的話,那你就是在說你無能為力,也無法提供解決辦法。

This is very annoying, especially if you use it in a business atmosphere.

這句話很煩人,尤其在生意場合裡更是如此

  • 熟知真正英語文化英語口語才能表達更地道

關注又不會懷孕, 請關注!


分享到:


相關文章: