美式俚語go bananas,可不是「去找香蕉」的意思!

美式俚語go bananas,可不是“去找香蕉”的意思!


Go bananas 勃然大怒

❖ My dad will go bananas if he knows the truth.

我爸知道真相後,肯定會很生氣。

Bananas adj. 傻的;瘋的

❖ You’re going to quit your job? You must be bananas!

你要辭職?瘋了吧!

Compare apples and oranges

不能相提並論

❖ You can't compare your job as a nurse to mine as an engineer—that's comparing apples and oranges!

你不能把你的護士的工作和我的工程師的工作相互比較——這不能一起比較啊。

The apple never falls far from the tree.

蘋果落地,離樹不遠。

形容兩個人外貌、性格等很像

❖ A: I heard that Jake is on drugs.

我聽說Jake在吸毒。

❖ B: Yeah, so was his dad.

是啊,他爸爸也是。

❖ A: Hmmm...the apple never falls far from the tree.

額,蘋果落地,離樹不遠。

A bad apple 壞蛋

❖ He’s really the bad apple in his class.

他是班裡十足的壞蛋。

今日挑戰

翻譯句子;

寫在留言處和大家分享!

Compare some recent work with your older stuff and you'll see how much you've improved.


分享到:


相關文章: