美式俚语go bananas,可不是“去找香蕉”的意思!

美式俚语go bananas,可不是“去找香蕉”的意思!


Go bananas 勃然大怒

❖ My dad will go bananas if he knows the truth.

我爸知道真相后,肯定会很生气。

Bananas adj. 傻的;疯的

❖ You’re going to quit your job? You must be bananas!

你要辞职?疯了吧!

Compare apples and oranges

不能相提并论

❖ You can't compare your job as a nurse to mine as an engineer—that's comparing apples and oranges!

你不能把你的护士的工作和我的工程师的工作相互比较——这不能一起比较啊。

The apple never falls far from the tree.

苹果落地,离树不远。

形容两个人外貌、性格等很像

❖ A: I heard that Jake is on drugs.

我听说Jake在吸毒。

❖ B: Yeah, so was his dad.

是啊,他爸爸也是。

❖ A: Hmmm...the apple never falls far from the tree.

额,苹果落地,离树不远。

A bad apple 坏蛋

❖ He’s really the bad apple in his class.

他是班里十足的坏蛋。

今日挑战

翻译句子;

写在留言处和大家分享!

Compare some recent work with your older stuff and you'll see how much you've improved.


分享到:


相關文章: