“Now you're talking”千萬別翻譯成“現在你說話”!

猜猜看下面4句美劇裡經常出現的俚語是什麼意思?

1.Now you're talking.

2.Walk the talk.

3.You are telling me.

4.Funny you should say that.

“Now you're talking”千萬別翻譯成“現在你說話”!

看看你猜對了沒有↓↓↓

Now you're talking.

≠ 現在你說話。

=這就對了。

表示"That sounds good. Now I am getting excited."

也就是說“表示你之前講的,都是沒用的廢話,現在總算講到點子上了。”

例如:

A:Don't hurt me. I'll get my dad to wire the money to your account.

不要傷害我。我會讓我爸爸把錢打到你的賬戶。

B:Now you're talking.

B:這就對了。

Walk the talk.

≠走著說

=說到做到

表示“Represent words with action. ”

也就是說既然說了就要行動,說動做到。

例如:

A:Some day, I will make a comeback.

A:總有一天,我會東山再起。

B:Then walk the talk.

B:那你要說到做到哦。

“Now you're talking”千萬別翻譯成“現在你說話”!

You are telling me.

≠ 你在告訴我。

=還用你說嗎?

表示已經知道的事情,用不著別人說。

例如:

A:I don't think our son would like that girl. Look at her attitude. Nasty!

A:我想我們的兒子不會喜歡那個女孩的。看看她的態度,真令人討厭!

B:You are telling me.

B:那當然,還用你說嗎?

Funny you should say that.

≠你這麼說真好笑。

=好巧,我也想說這個事。

表示 "it is funny that you have mentioned this"(because I was about to say the same thing, or some other coincidence)

表示真巧,我們想說的竟然是一樣的事情。

例如:

A:I am forced to cancel my vacation because more work has come up.

因為有很多的工作要做,所以假期要被取消了。

B:Funny you should say that.

B:我正想說這事兒呢!


分享到:


相關文章: