Board Games
棋盤遊戲
本文力求用孩子聽的懂的簡單語言描述遊戲規則:
1. Flight 飛行棋
很多用戶問過我“飛行棋”英文怎麼說,由於這個遊戲在英美國家不是很流行,所以沒有確切的英文名稱。網絡上的各種翻譯中,Flight、Flying Airplane、Aviation Game,甚至直接使用拼音Fei Xing Qi,我認為都是可以的。但是把“飛行棋”翻譯成Flying Chess或者Flying Checkers,我認為就不合適了,因為chess是國際象棋,checkers是跳棋(在下文中會分別講到),它們和飛行棋這種以擲骰子為基礎的棋盤遊戲不屬於一個類型。
(1) Let's play Flight.
咱們玩兒飛行棋吧。
(2) Each player has 4 planes in their hangar at the corner of the board. The objective of the game is to get all your planes from your hangar into the base in the center of the board.
每個人有4架飛機停在棋盤的一角的機庫裡。遊戲的目標是,將你的所有飛機都從機庫移動到棋盤中央的基地裡。
(3) The youngest player can start the game by rolling the dice.
年齡最小的人先擲骰子,開始遊戲。
(4) Firstly, one of your planes can get out of the hangar only when you roll a 6.
首先,你只有扔到6,你的其中一架飛機才能從機庫裡出來。
有的規則是扔到5或6都可以出來。
(5) Also, you get an extra turn whenever you roll a 6.
另外,你每次扔到6,都可以再扔一次。
(6) If your plane ends up on top of another person's plane, their plane will be kicked back to their hangar.
如果你的飛機停到了別人的飛機上,他的飛機就得回機庫了。
Their plane相當於老式英語中的his or her plane,目前後者在書面和口語中都越來越少使用了。
(7) If you land on a space of your own color, you can immediately jump to the next space of your color.
如果你落到了自己顏色的格子上,你可以直接跳到下一個你的顏色的格子裡。
(8) If you land on a triangle of your color with an arrow on it, you may take a shortcut to fly directly to another area.
如果你落在你自己顏色的帶箭頭的三角形上,你可以走捷徑,直接飛到另一個區域。
(9) If you land on your own piece, stack the pieces. Not only can your stacked pieces block others' pieces unless they roll 6, but they can also protect themselves from being kicked back by others' pieces.
如果你落到了自己的棋子上,兩個棋子就摞上了。摞著的棋子不僅能擋住其他人的棋子,還能避免自己被其他人的棋子踢回去。
關於兩個棋子摞上的情況,各版本飛行棋規則可能有所不同。
(10) Blocking others' pieces means to make it move back the number of extra spaces they rolled. For example, if you are 2 spaces in front of your opponent and they rolled 6, they should move 4 spaces back after they meet you.
擋住他人的棋子的意思是,讓它後退多出的格數。比如,如果對方扔了6,你在他前方2格處,他就需要在遇到你後後退4格。
(11) To land at the end, you must roll the exact amount of spaces needed. If you roll more than that, you go back the number of extra spaces you rolled.
想到達終點,你必須扔恰好那麼多點數。如果你扔多了,還得往回退多出的格數。
2. Monopoly 強手棋、大富翁
(1) Let's play Monopoly.
咱們玩兒強手棋吧。
(2) You roll the dice first. Whichever number it shows, you move your token that many spaces forward.
你先擲骰子。上面顯示幾,你就把棋子往前走幾格。
Token:記號、標記,也可以使用棋子的統稱piece。
(3) Look, I rolled a 5 so I'm going to move 5 spaces forward.
看,我扔的是5,所以我往前走5格。
(4) In the game, you purchase as many properties as possible and try to become the wealthiest player and run your opponents out of business.
在遊戲中,你要買很多房產,努力成為最富有的人,並讓你的對手破產。
3. Go 圍棋
(1) Let's play Go.
咱們玩兒圍棋吧。
(2) By surrounding your opponent's pieces with yours, you eliminate their pieces.
你通過把對方的棋子圍住,把它們吃掉。
關於“吃”的英文說法,你還可以用capture,remove, kill,但不能用eat。
4. Othello / Reversi 黑白棋
Othello,就是莎士比亞四大悲劇之一的“奧賽羅”那個詞,是一個黑白棋品牌,但由於它在美國很受歡迎,大家也直接叫這種遊戲Othello。
(1) Let's play Othello.
咱們玩兒黑白棋吧。
(2) By placing your chips on both sides of your opponent's chips, you change them to your color.
你通過夾住對方的棋子,把它們變成自己的顏色。
只有很薄的、代幣狀的棋子才能叫chip,如果你是用圍棋棋子玩兒的黑白棋,需要使用stone,或棋子的統稱piece。
(3) The person who has more chips at the end of the game wins.
在遊戲結束時,棋子數量多的人獲勝。
(4) I have this game on my phone. Let's play a round.
我手機上有這個遊戲。咱們玩兒一局吧。
(5) I used to play it on a video game console when I was a kid.
我小的時候是在遊戲機上玩兒的。
5. Five in a Row / Connect Five / Gobang 五子棋
(1) Let's play Five in a Row.
咱們玩兒五子棋吧。
(2) The same board and pieces used for Go can be used for Five in a Row.
咱們可以用圍棋的棋盤和棋子來玩兒五子棋。
(3) The players take turns laying down pieces.
每個人輪流下。
(4) The first person to connect a row of five stones horizontally, vertically, or diagonally wins the game.
第一個把棋子橫著、豎著或者斜著連成一行的人算贏。
如果你覺得horizontally, vertically, diagonally對孩子來說有點複雜,也可以用across, up and down, slanted表達橫著、豎著、斜著。
6. Chess 國際象棋
(1) Let's play chess.
咱們玩兒國際象棋吧。
前面介紹的幾個遊戲名稱第一個字母都需要大寫,因為它們是品牌名或者一種特殊的遊戲,而chess和後面要介紹的checkers(跳棋)都屬於遊戲大類,因此首字母不需要大寫。
(2) Each player has 16 pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns.
每個人有16個棋子:1個王、1個後、兩個車、兩個馬、兩個象和8個兵。
不能用chess這個詞作棋子講。
(3) Different types of pieces move differently.
不同種類的棋子走的方式不同。
(4) Pawns move ahead one space (or two if it is their first move). They can attack diagonally one space at a time.
兵只能往前走,第一步可以走一步或兩步,以後每次只能走一步。兵斜著攻擊一步之內的棋子。
(5) Bishops move in diagonal lines.
象斜著走。
注意:Bishop讀作['biʃəp],不要讀成['biʃɔp]。
(6) Rooks move in straight lines.
車直著走。
(7) Knights move in an L pattern and can jump over other pieces.
馬走L型,而且可以跳過其他棋子(不會別馬腳)。
(8) Queens move instraight or diagonal lines.
後直著或者斜著走。
(9) Kings also move in straight or diagonal lines but only one space at a time.
王也直著或者斜著走,但是每次只能走一格。
(10) You use your pieces to eliminate your opponent's. The objective is to checkmate the opponent's king.
你用你的棋子去吃對方的子。你的最終目的是“將死”對方的王。
7. Chinese chess / Xiang qi 中國象棋
對於中國象棋這種中國傳統遊戲,小雅建議大家還是用中文和寶寶玩兒,因此就不在此描述遊戲規則了。
8. Chinese Checkers 中國跳棋
Checkers作“跳棋”講必須有s,英式英語的拼寫是chequers。另外,老一輩美國人可能會用draughts這個詞。
(1) Let's play checkers.
咱們玩兒跳棋吧。
(2) The first person who moves all their marbles to the opposite corner wins the game.
第一個把棋子都移到了對面的角里的人算贏。
由於跳棋的棋子是玻璃球,因此叫作marble,也可以用棋子的統稱piece,但不能用checker作“棋子”講。
(3) Your piece can either move one step or move as many steps as you want as long as there is a piece in the adjacent space to jump over.
你的棋子可以走一步,也可以在相鄰格有棋子的情況下,跳任意步。
最後補充一句,中國跳棋在美國還是比較流行的,但是他們自己的跳棋,也就是checkers是這個樣子的:
閱讀更多 你和寶寶說英語 的文章