Your right man will come along. 你的真命天子總會出現的

這期學兩句地道口語:

第一句:Your right man will come along. Just give it time.

耐心點,真命天子總會出現。

朋友失戀,情場失意時我們可以用上這句。

第二句:You're really clicking.

你們真的情投意合。/合拍默契。

當我們看到倆人感情很好或一見如故都可以用上這句。

下面這句是1月7日的視頻裡那個社區警察對蘇珊說的話:

We thought we were clicking.我還以為我們心有靈犀呢。

Rose and Tom met at a party and clicked immediately.

Rose and Tom兩個在一個派對上相識,一見如故。

click這個詞我們天天用到click n. 咔嗒聲; (鼠標) 點擊;

vt. 使發出咔嗒聲;完全一致,恰好吻合;相處融洽,合得來一拍即合,一見如故,情投意合,一見傾心



[INT:Mayer House-Kitchen-Day白天在梅爾家廚房]

(Susan and her mom are cooking.蘇珊和媽媽在煮飯)

Susan: And then the police showed me his mug shots.

然後警察就給我看他入案的照片。

Sophie: No!不會吧?

Susan: Yes! Mike served time for selling drugs and manslaughter

真的,麥克因為販毒和過失殺人蹲過監獄。

Sophie: I can't believe it.

讓人無法相信。

Susan: Well, it's true.

是真的,

Sophie: And he had such nice manners, you know.

他是那麼有風度,你知道

Susan: I know.

是呀

Sophie: Susie, I don't want you worrying too much about this Mike thing. The right man will come along. Just give it time.

蘇珊,我希望你不要為麥克的事過於煩惱,耐心點,真命天子總會出現。

Susan: I think I would have given up entirely if it weren't for you and Morty.

要不是想到莫蒂和你,我早就 放棄了。

Sophie: Morty?

莫蒂?

Susan: Yeah, you know, it's the third time around for both of you, and you're really clicking. It gives me hope.

是的,你看,這是你們第三次婚姻,而你們真的很情投意合,這給了我希望。

(Susan's eyes are watering from the onion she's chopping.蘇珊因為切洋蔥眼睛流淚)

Susan: What's wrong?

怎麼啦?

Sophie: Nothing, nothing. Um, I'm just tired.

沒什麼,我只是有點累

Susan: You're not tired. You took a nap. What is it?

你不是累,你睡過午覺的,到底事什麼事?

Sophie: I left Morty.

我離開莫蒂了。

Susan: What? Why?

怎麼回事?為什麼?

Sophie: Because he shoved me.

因為他推我。

Susan: Morty? No!!

莫蒂?不可能。

Sophie: You think I'm lying? Huh! Fine!

你認為我在說謊?哼,算了。

Susan: Why would he shove you?

他為什麼推你?

Sophie: Because I confronted him. About how much time he's spending at the damned pancake restaurant. If that's where he's really been.

因為我和他直說了,他在哪該死的煎餅店花了太多時間,要是他真在那兒的話倒也罷。

Susan: Oh, you can't be serious? Morty?

你在開玩笑吧?莫蒂?

Sophie: You think that men his age don't have needs? You should see the waitresses he hires. Every year they get younger and younger.

你以為他這個年紀的男人就沒有需求了。你真該看看他僱的那些女招待,一年比一年年輕。

Susan: Alright, maybe you just feel that way because every year you get older and older.

好吧,也許只是你覺得你一年比一年老

Sophie: Well, that's a horrible thing to say.

你怎麼可以這麼說。

Susan: I'm sorry.

對不起。

Sophie: I'm not that old.

我沒那麼老。

Susan: I said I was sorry.

我所過對不起了。

Sophie: People think we're sisters.

人們還認為我們事姐妹呢

Susan: Well, that's because you tell people that.

那是因為你告訴他們的

Sophie: One time! You've got to let go of that.

就一次,你可得忽略那次

Susan: Okay, look; I'm just saying I don't think Morty cheated on you.

好的我是說我認為莫蒂不會背叛你。

Sophie: Well, he did shove me. The least you can do is be supportive.

他的確推我了。至少你應該表現出支持我一點。

Susan:You're right.

你沒錯。

Sophie: He also threw a book at me.

他還朝我扔了本書。

Susan: Oh, come on!

拜託

Sophie: Huh!

Susan: I mean-He shouldn't have done that.

我是說,他不該這麼做。

Sophie: Thank you.

謝謝。


分享到:


相關文章: