First listen and then answer the question. 聽錄音,然後回答以下問題。
When will the writer see the play?
聽三遍錄音,然後對照附文再聽一遍,尤其是剛才沒有聽懂的句子,要特別留意{附文與提示}
{附文與提示}
Lesson 19 Sold out 票已售完
'The play may begin at any moment,' I said.
(“劇馬上就要開演了,” 我說。可能發生的事)
'It may have begun already,' Susan answered.
(“它也許已經開始了,” Susan 回答。可能已經發生了)
I hurried to the ticket office.
(我匆忙趕到售票處)
'May I have two tickets please?' I asked.
(“我可以買兩張票嗎?” 我問)
'I'm sorry, we've sold out,' the girl said.
(“對不起,票已經賣完了” 那位女孩說。)
'What a pity!' Susan exclaimed.
(“真是遺憾!” Susan 大聲說。
Just then, a man hurried to the ticket office.
(這個時候,有一個男人匆匆奔向售票處。)
'Can I return these two tickets?' he asked.
(“我可以退掉這兩張票嗎?” 他問。)
'Certainly,' the girl said.
("當然可以。” 那女孩答道。)
I went back to the ticket office at once.
(我立即回到售票處。)
'Could I have those two tickets please?' I asked.
(“我可以買那兩張票嗎?” 我問。)
'Certainly,' the girl said, 'but they're for next Wednesday's performance. Do you still want them?'
(“當然可以,不過它們是下週三的表演,你還要它們嗎?” 那女孩說。)
'I might as well have them,' I said sadly.
(“我還是買下它們吧,” 我不開心地說道。)
{語法} may 推測
may + 動詞原型 :表示可能發生的事。
如:He may come tomorrow. (他可能明天會到。)
may + 動詞完成時:表示事情可能已經發生了。
如:He may have telephoned last night, but I am not sure. (昨晚,他可能已經打了電話,但是,我不能確定。)
閱讀更多 霏霏桃子姐 的文章