大自然在說話 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

英語學習資源 |大自然在說話 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

《大自然在說話》是一部以大自然為“第一人稱”的公益短片,此片以大自然獨特的視角,讓人類傾聽大自然的聲音,引發人類對自己行為的思考,並倡導人類要有關愛環境的意識。

英語學習資源 |大自然在說話 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

今天奇速君整理了《大自然在說話》資源,是極好的英語學習資源,也建議每個家庭親子共看一下。

英語學習資源 |大自然在說話 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

Nature is speaking

Coral Reef

珊瑚


I am coral.

我是珊瑚礁。

Some people think I'm just a rock.

有些人認為我只是岩石。

Well, in fact,

但事實上,

I'm the largest thing alive on this planet.

我是這個星球最大的生命體。

I'm so big, I can be seen from space.

大到從太空都可以看到我。

But for how long?

但還能持續多久?

I grew for almost 250 million years

我來到這裡大約2.5億年後,

and humans came along

人類出現了,

and now one fifth of me is gone.

現在我已經失去了我的五分之一。

Sure, l live at the bottom of the sea.

是的,我生活在海底。

And you might not see me that often.

你們很少能見到我。

But you do need me.

但是你們需要我。

Do you realize that

你們知道

one quarter of all marine life depends on me?

有四分之一的海洋生物都依賴我生存嗎?

I am the nursery of the sea.

我是海洋生物的棲息地。

Little fish depend on me for food

我為小魚提供食物,

and to hide from the big fish.

為它們提供躲避大魚追捕的庇護所。

And guess who eats the big fish?

猜猜誰吃大魚呢?

That's right. You do.

是的。是你們。

I'm the protein factory for the world.

我是全世界的蛋白質工廠。

Yet you raise the temperature of the ocean

但你們卻讓海洋溫度不斷升高,

so I can't live here anymore.

使我無法繼續生存。

And when big storms and tsunamis barrel through the ocean,

當風暴和海嘯在大洋上呼嘯而過時,

I'm your fortress.

是我在為你們遮擋。

Yet you tear me apart with dynamite

然而你們卻用炸藥把我撕碎,

and poison me with cyanide.

用氰化物來毒害我。

Well, here's a crazy thought:

我有一個瘋狂的想法:

Stop killing me.

停止傷害我。

英語學習資源 |大自然在說話 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚


分享到:


相關文章: