英語聽力(20200321T03):薩多斯基操刀製作的一部火爆音樂視頻


聽力原文如下

<code>1.Hi there.
大家好。
2.I'm going to be talking a little bit about music, machines and life.
我準備簡單地談一下 音樂,機器和生活。
3.Or, more specifically, what we learned from the creation of a very large and complicated machine for a music video.
或者,更具體地說, 從為一部音樂視頻而製造的一套龐大複雜的機器中 我們學到了什麼。
4.Some of you may recognize this image.
在座可能有人認得這個畫面。
5.This is the opening frame of the video that we created.
這就是我們製作的視頻開場。
6.We'll be showing the video at the end, but before we do, I want to talk a little bit about what it is that they wanted.
在最後我們會播放這個視頻, 但是,在這之前,我想先講講 他們(OK Go)當時提出的要求。
7.Now, when we first started talking to OK Go -- the name of the song is "This Too Shall Pass" -- we were really excited because they expressed interest in building a machine that they could dance with.
第一次和OK Go樂隊商討的時候—— 這首歌的名字叫“一切都會過去”—— 我們當時非常興奮因為 他們表示有意製造一臺機器,好讓他們跟著它跳舞。
8.And we were very excited about this because, of course, they have a history of dancing with machines.
我們聽了非常興奮, 因為,當然啦, 他們有一段與機器共舞的歷史。
9.They're responsible for this video, "Here It Goes Again."
這個視頻就是他們出演的,“唉,又來了”(歌名)
10.50-million-plus views on YouTube.
在YouTube上獲得超過五千萬播放次數。
11.Four guys dancing on treadmills, no cuts, just a static camera.
四個男人在跑步機上跳舞, 沒有剪接,只使用了一架固定攝像機。

12.A fantastically viral and wonderful video.
一部令人叫絕並迅速走紅的視頻。
13.So we were really excited about working with them.
所以,能跟他們合作,我們實在是太興奮了。
14.And we sort of started talking about what it is that they wanted.
接著我們開始談到他們的具體要求。
15.And they explained that they wanted kind of a Rube Goldberg machine.
他們解釋說他們想要 一個類似魯賓·戈德堡裝置那樣的機器。
16.Now, for those of you who don't know, a Rube Goldberg machine is a complicated contraption, an incredibly over-engineered piece of machinery
你們有些人沒聽說過 魯賓·戈德堡裝置 就是一套複雜而奇妙機器, 一組令人煞費苦心製造出的機械裝置
17.that accomplishes a relatively simple task.
只為完成一個相對簡單的任務。
18.So we were excited by this idea, and we started talking about exactly what it would look like.
這個設想讓我們躍躍欲試, 於是我們開始商量 這套機器該是什麼樣的。
19.And we came up with some parameters, because, you know, building a Rube Goldberg machine has limitations, but it also is pretty wide open.
我們提出了幾套方案-- 要知道,製造一套魯賓·戈德堡裝置 是有很多侷限的, 但發揮的空間也很廣。
20.And we wanted to make sure that we did something that would work for a music video.
我們要確保我們所做的 能在音樂視頻中派上用場。
21.So we came up with a list of requirements, the "10 commandments,"
因此我們列出了一些要求 稱之為“十誡”,
22.and they were, in order of ascending difficulty: The first is "No magic."
內容如下,按難度的升序排列: 第一條是“不玩魔術”。
23.Everything that happened on screen had to be very easily understood by a typical viewer.

鏡頭裡的所有東西都必須 讓一個普通觀眾很輕易就能看懂。
24.The rule of thumb was that, if my mother couldn't understand it, then we couldn't use it in the video.
考量的標準就是,如果我的母親看不懂, 那麼我們就不能用它。
25.They wanted band integration, that is, the machine acting upon the band members, specifically not the other way around.
第二,他們要求樂隊與機器合為一體, 機器必須作用於樂隊成員的身上, 而尤其不能反過來。
26.They wanted the machine action to follow the song feeling.
第三,他們希望機器能夠跟著歌曲的感覺走。
27.So as the song picks up emotion, so should the machine get grander in its process.
也就是當歌曲漸入佳境, 機器要隨著歌曲 運作規模越來越大。
28.They wanted us to make use of the space.
第四,他們希望我們充分利用空間。
29.So we have this 10,000-square-foot warehouse we were using, divided between two floors.
於是我們使用了一間佔地10000平方英尺的工房, 把它分成兩層樓。
30.It included an exterior loading dock.
它包括一個外部裝卸支架。
31.We used all of that, including a giant hole in the floor that we actually descended the camera and cameraman through.
我們用上了所有的空間,連地板上的一個大洞都沒放過。 我們就是通過這個洞口來升降攝像機和攝影師的。
32.They wanted it messy, and we were happy to oblige.
第五,場面亂成一團,這我們也非常樂意效勞。
33.The machine itself would start the music.
第六,機器自己會開始播放歌曲。
34.So the machine would get started, it would travel some distance, reacting along the way, hit play on an iPod or a tape deck or something that would start playback.

這樣機器就啟動了, 它會經過一段路程, 沿途進行各種反應, 啟動一臺iPod或卡帶機 或者其它有重放功能的設備。
35.And the machine would maintain synchronization throughout.
第七,機器的全程運轉與音樂同步進行。
36.And speaking of synchronization, they wanted it to sync to the rhythm and to hit specific beats along the way.
講到同步進行, 他們特別要求機器必須與節拍同步, 並且全程的每一個拍子都要準確踩到位。
37.Okay. (Laughter) They wanted it to end precisely on time.
行。(笑聲) 第八,他們要求運作過程要準時結束。
38.Okay, so now the start to finish timing has to be perfect.
好,這樣從開始到結束的時間就要分秒不差。
39.And they wanted the music to drop out at a certain point in the video and actual live audio from the machine to play part of the song.
第九,他們還要求音樂暫停 在視頻中某一特定時間點上, 然後由機器自帶的音頻來 播放歌曲的一部分。
40.And as if that wasn't enough, all of these incredibly complicating things, right, they wanted it in one shot.
好像這些都還不算什麼, 儘管以上所有要求已經極其苛刻了,對吧, 他們還要求全程一鏡到底。
41.(Laughter) (Applause) Okay.
(笑聲) (掌聲) 好吧。
42.So, just some statistics about what we went through in the process.
那麼,下面這些數據 是從我們工作的過程中統計的。
43.The machine itself has 89 distinct interactions.
機器本身有 89個不同的連鎖動作。
44.It took us 85 takes to get it on film to our satisfaction.
我們演練了85次 為上鏡頭之後 能夠令人滿意。

45.Of those 85 takes, only three actually successfully completed their run.
在這85次演練中, 只有三次圓滿完成運作。
46.We destroyed two pianos and 10 televisions in the process.
我們總共弄毀了兩架鋼琴 和十臺電視機。
47.We went to Home Depot well over a hundred times.
我們往家得寶超市跑了不下100趟。
48.(Laughter) And we lost one high-heeled shoe when one of our engineers, Heather Knight, left her high-heeled shoe -- after a nice dinner,
(笑聲) 另外我們還犧牲了一隻高跟鞋。 那是當我們的一位工程師海瑟·奈特, 落下了她的一隻高跟鞋——在一頓美妙的晚餐之後,
49.and returned back to the build -- and left it in a pile of stuff.
她回到工房—— 把鞋落在一堆雜物中。
50.And another engineer thought, "Well, that would be a really good thing to use"
接著另一位工程師一想,“咦,這可以派上大用場。”
51.and ended up using it as a really nice trigger.
最後他就把它用作一個非常棒的啟動裝置。
52.And it's actually in the machine.
它事實上就在機器中。
53.So what did we learn from all of this?
那麼我們從中學到了什麼呢?
54.Well, having completed this, we have the opportunity to step back and reflect on some of the things.
完成了這項工程以後, 我們有機會退一步反思一下 其中的一些事情。
55.And we learned that small stuff stinks.
我們領悟到瑣碎小事會令人抓狂。
56.Little balls in wooden tracks are really susceptible to humidity and temperature and a little bit of dust, and they fall out of the tracks,
那些木製軌道上的小珠子 非常容易受 溼氣,溫度,和哪怕一點灰塵的影響。 它們從軌道上滾落

57.the exact angles makes it hard to get right.
很難把握角度的精準度。
58.And yet, a bowling ball will always follow the same path.
相反,一個保齡球就總可以順利地通過同樣的路徑。
59.It doesn't matter what temperature it is, doesn't matter what's in its way; it will pretty much get where it needs to go.
不管溫度高低, 不管前面有什麼阻礙; 它幾乎都可以順利到達目的地。
60.But as much as the small stuff stinks, we needed somewhere to start, so that we would have somewhere to go.
但儘管那些瑣碎的小東西會讓人抓狂,我們還是需要找到一個起點, 這樣才能知道該往哪走。
61.And so you have to start with it. You have to focus on it.
所以你必須開始動手,必須全身心投入。
62.Small stuff stinks, but, of course, it's essential, right?
瑣碎小事讓人頭疼, 但是,當然,它不可或缺,對吧。
63.What else? Planning is incredibly important.
還學到什麼了呢?計劃是至關重要的。
64.(Laughter) You know, we spent a lot of time ideating and even building some of these things.
(笑聲) 你知道,我們花了大量時間構思 甚至做了一些模型。
65.It's been said that, "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy."
有句話說得好:“紙上談兵 不及臨陣對敵。”
66.I think our enemy was physics -- (Laughter) and she's a cruel mistress.
我認為我們的敵人是物理學。 (笑聲) 它可是一位難伺候的主兒。
67.Often, we had to pull things out as a result because of timing or aesthetics or whatever.
我們往往不得不把一些東西去掉 為了保證時間或美觀性等等。
68.And so while planning is important, so is flexibility.
所以計劃很重要,靈活性也同樣重要。

69.These are all things that ended up not making it into the final machine.
這些都是 沒有入選最終成品的部分。
70.So also, put reliable stuff last, the stuff that's going to run every time.
另外,要把可靠的部分放在最後, 也就是每次都能順利運行的部分。
71.Again, small to large is relevant here.
這就與小件到大件的安排有關了。
72.The little Lego car in the beginning of the video references the big, real car near the end of the video.
在視頻開頭的小樂高玩具車 與視頻結尾時 那輛大的真車相比,
73.The big, real car works every time; there's no problem about it.
大的真車每次運行都成功;沒有任何問題。
74.The little one had a tendency to try to run off the track and that's a problem.
但是,那架小車就很容易從軌道上溜出來, 這就成問題了。
75.But you don't want to have to reset the whole machine because the Lego car at the end doesn't work, right.
但是你肯定不願意因為把小車子放在最後出了岔子 而重置整臺機器。
76.So you put that up front so that, if it fails, at least you know you don't have to reset the whole thing.
所以你才把它放在最前面,即使它出錯了, 至少你知道 你不需要全部返工。
77.Life can be messy.
生活可能會 亂成一團。
78.There were incredibly difficult moments in the building of this thing.
在建造這套機器的過程中,我們碰到過極其困難的時候。
79.Months were spent in this tiny, cold warehouse.
我們在這間又小又冷的工房裡花了幾個月的時間。
80.And the wonderful elation that we had when we finally completed it.
而最後我們興高采烈地慶祝 圓滿完成任務。

81.So it's important to remember that whether it's good or it's bad, "This Too Shall Pass."
所以,重要的是要記住,不管事情是好是壞, “一切都會過去”。
82.Thank you very much.
非常感謝。
83.(Applause) And now to introduce their music video, we have OK Go.
(掌聲) 下面請欣賞 他們的音樂視頻, 我們有請Ok Go。
84.OK Go: An introduction. Hello TEDxUSC.
OK Go: 自我介紹。TEDxUSC你們好。
85.We are OK Go.
我們是OK Go。
86.What are we doing? Oh, just hanging out with our Grammy. What what!
我們在做什麼?哦,在把弄我們的格萊美獎盃呢。怎麼樣,怎麼樣。
87.It think we can do better than this. Hello TEDxUSC.
我覺得我們能做得更好。TEDxUSC你們好。
88.We are OK Go. Have you read the "Natural Curiosity Cabinet?"
我們是OK Go。你們讀過《自然奇珍》嗎?
89.I mean, "Curiosity" -- excuse me.
我說的是,“奇珍”--不好意思。
90.Let me start again.
我重來一邊。
91.We need some more ridiculous things besides "The Cabinet of Natural Curiosities."
除了《自然奇珍》之外,我們需要一些更荒唐的東西。
92.Tim's sundial hat.
蒂姆的日晷帽。
93.Have you seen the new work they've done to the Waltz Towers?
你們見過新建的瓦爾特塔嗎?
94.Sorry, start again.
對不起,重來。
95.(Barking) Dogs.
(狗叫聲) 狗來了。

96.Hello, TEDxUSC. We are OK Go, and this our new video, "This Too Shall Pass."
TEDxUSC,你們好。我們是OK Go, 這是我們新的音樂視頻,“一切都會過去”。
97.[unclear] Kay, we can still do one better I think, yeah.
[不清楚] 凱伊,我覺得我們還能做得更好,對吧。
98.That one's pretty good. It's getting better.
剛才那段還不錯。有進步。
99.(Music) You know you can't keep letting it get you down ?
(音樂響起) 你知道你不該一直垂頭喪氣?
100.And you can't keep dragging that dead weight around ?
你不該總揹負著沉重的累贅?
101.If there ain't all that much to lug around ?
如果沒有什麼讓你躊躇不前?
102.Better run like hell when you hit the ground ?
那麼跌倒之後你最好拼命奔跑?
103.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
104.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
105.You can't stop these kids from dancing ?
你不能阻止孩子們的舞步?
106.Why would you want to? ?
為什麼要這樣做呢?
107.Especially when you're already getting yours ?
況且你已經得到了你應得的?
108.Cuz if your mind don't move and your knees don't bend ?
如果你思想保守,不肯屈服?
109.Well don't go blaming the kids again ?
就別再責怪孩子?
110.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
111.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?

112.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
113.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
114.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
115.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
116.Let it go ?
都忘了吧?
117.This too shall pass ?
一切都會過去?
118.Let it go ?
都忘了吧?
119.This too shall pass ?
一切都會過去?
120.You know you can't keep letting it get you down ?
你知道你不該一直垂頭喪氣?
121.No, you can't keep letting it get you down ?
不,你不該一直垂頭喪氣?
122.Let it go ?
都忘了吧?
123.This too shall pass ?
一切都會過去?
124.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
125.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
126.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?
127.When the morning comes ?
當清晨來臨時?/<code>

結束語

如果您需要本期音頻相關的學習資料,可以留言或私信回覆關鍵字:"20200321T03",系統會自動回覆您下載地址(內容包括:視頻+音頻+文稿),資料僅供個人學習使用。


分享到:


相關文章: