看美劇學口語:It must have slipped his mind.他一定是忘了。


看美劇學口語:It must have slipped his mind.他一定是忘了。


Tom: Lynette!

Lynette: You forgot your Halpern file.

你把哈爾彭文件落在家裡了。

Annabel: Oh, my god, Lynette.

我的天啊,勒納特。

Mary Alice Voiceover: If there was one person Lynette never expected to see again, it was Annabel Foster.

如果說有什麼人勒奈特永遠都不希望再見到,那就是安娜貝爾.福斯特.

Mary Alice Voiceover: Eight years earlier, Annabel had begged Tom to marry her, but he told her he wasn't the marrying kind.

八年前安娜貝爾曾想讓湯姆娶她,但他告訴她他不想結婚。

Mary Alice Voiceover: Then one-day Tom happened to meet a rising young executive by the name of Lynette Linquist.

然後有一天,湯姆巧遇了一位冉冉升起的年輕主管,名叫勒奈特.林奎斯特

Mary Alice Voiceover: And after a few torrid weeks, Tom decided perhaps he was the marrying kind after all.

如膠似漆的幾周後,湯姆發現他或許還是想結婚的。

torrid adj. 曬熱的;熱情的

Mary Alice Voiceover: Causing an embittered Annabel to move back to Chicago permanently.

傷心的安娜貝爾搬回芝加哥,再也沒有出現。

embitter vt. 使怨恨,激怒

permanently adv. 永久地,長期不變地

Mary Alice Voiceover: Or so Lynette had hoped.

這或許正如勒奈特所願。

Annabel: You look fantastic.

你氣色真不錯。

Lynette: Oh, thank you. And you. You're here. In the office. Tom's office.

謝謝,你也是,你又回來了。回到湯姆的辦公室。

Annabel: Yeah, going on three months now. Didn't Tom tell you? (She almost seems to be taunting her here.)

是啊,回來差不多3個月了。湯姆沒告訴你?

Lynette: It uh, must have slipped his mind.

他一定是忘了。

Annabel: Aaah, afraid to tell the wife you're working with the old girlfriend, huh? I guess that makes me your dirty little secret. (She's teasing him.)

不敢告訴老婆你和前女友在一起上班,我成了你不可告人的小秘密吧。

Lynette: Well, I'll let you get back to work. I'll see you later.

就不打擾你們工作了。晚點見。

Tom: Can't wait.

迫不及待。

Lynette: I almost forgot, your file. Here.

我差點忘了,你的文件。給。

(Lynette literally throws the file at Tom's head.)

Tom: Wow.


分享到:


相關文章: