You couldn't have planned it any better.你的安排幾近完美。


You couldn't have planned it any better.你的安排幾近完美。


Annabel: McGruger had absolutely no idea what was going on. During the entire shoot for the facial campaign, he was practically holding Benson's hand.

麥格魯德根本不知道發生了什麼事?在拍攝面部活動的整個過程中,他幾乎一直抓著本森的手。

shoot [ʃuːt] shot shot

vi. 拍攝;射擊;發芽

vt. (用槍等)打獵;拍攝;給…注射;射門,投籃

n. 幼苗,嫩芽;發射;攝影;狩獵

int. 感嘆詞(用於表示驚奇,並不強烈的憤怒或失望)

facial adj. 面部的

campaign [kæm'pen] n.運動;戰役;活動;競選運動

Tom: After the way that Bernam

screwed him over, I'd be nervous too,my god.

在伯納姆如此嘲弄他一番後,我都替他感到害羞了。天啊。


Annabel: That was awful.

太糟糕了。


Lynette: Excuse me. I need to get in here,so I can clear the plates.

打擾一下,我得清理一下桌子。


Tom: Honey,you want some help with that?

親愛的,要我幫忙嗎?

Lynette: I'm good. (She picks up the plates, and as she turns she sees the boys watching them.) Looks like we've got some company.

不用。看來我們要有伴了。


Tom: Hey, guys, isn't it time for bed?

夥計們,現在不是該睡覺了嗎?


Lynette: They never get to see you. Let them stay up for a while.

他們平時難得見到你,就讓他們多待會兒吧。 

get to do可以表示有機會做某事或被許可做某事

get to do含有“漸漸開始”之意,後接to know, to like, to hate, to understand, to realize 等表示心理感覺的動詞

get to do還可以表示努力或設法做成某事


Tom: Okay. Come here.Come here. I want you to meet someone. This is Miss Foster.

好的,過來過來,我想讓你們見一個人。


Annabel: Hi.

Lynette: She is an old, OLD friend of your daddy's.

她是你爸爸很久很久以前的一個朋友。


Annabel: What’ve you got there?

你手裡拿著什麼?


Porter: It's a picture we painted.

我們畫的一幅畫。

Annabel: Let me have a look at that.

讓我 看看。


Porter: It's all of us with mommy and daddy, we're really happy. (This sounds very rehearsed.)

這是我們和爸爸媽媽。我們一家很幸福


Annabel: That is so adorable. When did you do that?

畫得太好了。你們什麼時候畫的?


Porter: Today, mommy told us to.

今天,媽媽叫我們畫的。

Lynette (Nervous laughter): I just told them to paint something nice. The sentiment is all theirs.

我只是叫他們畫點好看的東西。畫什麼是他們自己決定的。

sentiment n. 情緒;感情;觀點


Porter: But you told us too-

是你讓我們這麼畫的


Lynette: Hold on, honey, grown-ups are talking.

等等,大人們在說話。


Annabel: Well, this is really neat. How would you boys like to paint my portrait some day?

畫得真好,改天你們也幫我畫張好嗎?

portrait n. 肖像;畫像;描寫

Porter: Sure, you're really pretty.

好啊,你真漂亮。

Lynette (Isn't amused by this, and realises this isn't working): Okay, great. Like your dad said, it's time for bed.

好了,聽爸爸的話,該去睡覺了。

Tom: I'll take them back to upstairs. Come on, guys.

我帶他們上去睡,小傢伙們,來。


Annabel: I must say, Lynette, your home is warm and inviting, your children are absolutely precious. This whole evening was practically a commercial for the perfect family.

勒奈特,我不得不承認,你們家既溫馨又漂亮,孩子們個個是珍寶。整場晚宴簡直就是完美家庭的廣告版

inviting adj. 吸引人的;誘人的

commercial adj. 商業的 n. 商業廣告


Lynette: You think?

你真的這麼認為?


Annabel: You couldn't have planned it any better. And I mean that. (looks very smug)

你安排的幾近完美。我是真心的

Lynette: Good.

很好。


分享到:


相關文章: