I just want to be on the safe side. 我只是想保险起见。

口语学习

Your body isn't responding to the medication the way it should.

So I, I just want to be on the safe side."

所以我只是想保险起见。

That means he's stumped.

可见他是真没辙了

What in god's name is your point?"

你到底想说什么?

In the time that we have left, whether it's two days or two decades, I think that we should be nice to each other."

所以在我们的有生之年,两天也好,二十年也好,我们都应该彼此珍惜。



Doctor: "So, here's what I'm thinking. I'm gonna see if Dr. Morrison at the Lipstone Clinic can come in and consult.

"

我正在考虑,看看能不能让利普斯顿诊所的莫里森医生也参与会诊

Rex: "You're wanna bring someone else in?"

你想让其他人参与诊断 ?

Doctor: "Your body isn't responding to the medication the way it should, and the tests we've run have all come back negative, so I, I just want to be on the safe side."

目前的治疗对你没起到应有的作用。而检查的结果不太好,所以我只是想保险起见。

Doctor: "Will you excuse me? I need to take this."

先失陪,我有其他的急诊。

Bree: "I don't know why, but I have this overwhelming feeling that you're gonna be just fine. I really do."

我不知道为什么,但我有一种强烈的感觉,你会好起来的,一定的。

overwhelming adj. 势不可挡的;压倒的;无法抗拒的

Rex: "Lee Craig has the biggest ego of any doctor I know. If he wants to consult with someone, that means he's stumped, which means I'm screwed."


李.克雷格是我认识的最自负的医生,如果他都需要和别人会诊,可见他是真没辙了,也意味着我完蛋了。

ego n. 自我;自负;自尊心

stump v. 受窘

Bree: "Don't say that."

别这么说。

Rex: "Dammit, Bree, do you understand what's going on here? I could die."

该死 布里 你明不明白,怎么回事,我可能会死的。

Bree: "So could I."

我也可能啊。

Rex: "What?" 什么?

Bree: "I could walk across a street tomorrow and be hit by a car."

明天我过马路的时候可能被车撞了

Rex: "What in god's name is your point?"

你到底想说什么?

in God's name 究竟,到底
= in the name of God adv.以…的名义,凭;假借名义
在句子中作为插入语,在美国常说“the hell”
What in God's name is that? = What the hell is that?
“那究竟/到底是个什么!?

Bree: "All I'm saying is that we're both gonna die eventually, and in the time that we have left, whether it's two days or two decades, I think that we should be nice to each other."

我想说,死亡可能毫无预警地降临,所以在我们的有生之年,两天也好,二十年也好,我们都应该彼此珍惜。

Rex: "You're right."

你说得对。


分享到:


相關文章: