鹽高•宣言

  I do not choose to be a common person.

我不要選擇做一個普通人。

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.

如果我可以,我有權成為傑出的人。

I seek opportunity—not security.

我尋求機會,不尋求安穩。

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,

我不想成為一位有保障的國民,

humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.

孱弱而沉悶的安享著國家的照顧。

I want to take the calculated risk,

我要做有意義的冒險。

to dream and to build,

我要夢想,我要創造。

to fail and to succeed.

我要失敗,我也要成功。

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;

我渴望獎勵,拒絕施捨。

I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;

我寧要充滿挑戰的人生,也不要萬無一失的活著;

the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.

寧要心滿意足的顫抖,也不要萎靡虛空的平靜。

I will not trade my freedom for beneficence

我不會拿我的自由換取恩惠。

nor my dignity for a handout.

也不會拿我的崇高換取救濟。

I will never cower before any master

我絕不在任何權威面前發抖,

nor bend to any threat.

也絕不為任何恐嚇所屈服。

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;

我的天性是挺胸直立,驕傲,而無所畏懼。

to think and act for myself;

我要自由的思考和行動。

to enjoy the benefit of my creations;

我要縱情於我創造的價值。

and to face the world boldly

終有一天,我會面帶自豪,

and say:

向世界宣告:

"This, with God's help, I have done."

“在上帝的幫助下,我做到了!”

—Entrepreneur's Credo of the American

—美國企業家宣言


分享到:


相關文章: