女王說:我們終將重逢 首相: 我已經在ICU


在這個情況越發危機的時刻,我想向大家傳遞一下信息

I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time我們的國家正處在一個混亂的時期

A time of disruption in the life of our country一個給一些人們帶來悲痛

a disruption that has brought grief to some

給許多人帶來財政困難

financial difficulties to many

給我們所有人的日常生活帶來巨大變化的混亂時期

and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all我要感謝 NHS 一線的每一個工作者,護理人員,和那些發揮重要作用的人們

I want to thank everyone on the NHS front line, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles,他們走出家門,無私地繼續承擔著每日的職責,支持著我們所有人who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all我確信,全國人民將與我一道感恩你們的付出

I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated你們每一個小時的辛勤工作,都將使我們更接近從前正常的日子

and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times我還要感謝那些留在家中的人,你們幫助保護了弱勢群體

I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home,hereby helping to protect the vulnerable使很多家庭免受一些人已經感受到的,失去親人的痛苦

and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones.我們正在共同應對這一疾病

Together we are tackling this disease我要向你們保證,只要我們保持團結和決心,我們就能戰勝它

and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it.我希望在未來

I hope in the years to come每個人都能為自己在這段疫情中的應對方式感到自豪

everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge.那時我們的後人會說,這一代的英國人也和以往一樣強大。

And those who come after us will say the Britons of this generation were as strong as any自律,具有幽默感的決斷力和同情心,始終是這個國家人們的特質

That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country我們對這份特質的自豪,不光是我們歷史的一部分,也決定了我們的當下和未來

The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future全民為一線工作者鼓掌致意

The moments when the United Kingdom has come together to applaud its care and essential workers

必將被作為民族精神銘記

will be remembered as an expression of our national spirit

孩子們筆下的彩虹就是它們的象徵

and its symbol will be the rainbows drawn by children在英聯邦和世界各地

Across the Commonwealth and around the world人們相互傳遞食物和藥品,關心鄰居

be it through delivering food parcels and medicines, checking on neighbours企業也開始生產救援物資,共渡難關。

or converting businesses to help the relief effort. 儘管自我隔離有時會很艱難

And though self-isolating may at times be hard但許多信仰不同、甚至無神論者也已經發現,這給我們提供了一個契機

many people of all faiths, and of none, are discovering that it presents an opportunity to slow down去冥想或祈禱,然後放緩腳步,停下反思

pause and reflect, in prayer or meditation.這讓我想起1940年,我在妹妹的支持下進行的第一次廣播。

It reminds me of the very first broadcast I made, in 1940, helped by my sister. 那時,還是孩子的我們,就在這溫莎城堡中

We, as children, spoke from here at Windsor 對那些為了保證安全而不得不從家中撤離的孩子們講話。

to children who had been evacuated from their homes and sent away for their own safety而今日,歷史重現,很多人將再次感受與所愛之人分離的痛苦

Today, once again, many will feel a painful sense of separation from their loved ones但無論那時,還是今日,我們都深知,這是正確的做法

But now, as then, we know, deep down, that it is the right thing to do. 儘管我們之前也曾面臨種種挑戰,但這一挑戰卻有所不同

While we have faced challenges before, this one is different. 這一次,我們與全球所有國家共同努力

This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavour用巨大進步的科學,和人類與生俱來的同情之心,去治癒

using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal我們定會勝利——而那勝利將屬於我們每一個人

We will succeed - and that success will belong to every one of us

儘管我們仍然需要忍受更多煎熬,但我們應當感到寬慰

We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure因為美好的日子定將回歸:我們將再次與朋友相遇

better days will return: we will be with our friends again我們將再次與家人相伴

we will be with our families again我們定將重逢

we will meet again.在此,我要對所有人致以誠摯感謝和最溫暖的祝福

But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all.

而最後,她也告訴所有英國人——

we will be with our friends again.

we will be with our families again.

we will meet again.

苦難定會過去,一切終將恢復平靜與美好。

願世界安康的這一天,早日到來。


分享到:


相關文章: