獻給新一代的演講——刷爆朋友圈的《後浪》英文版來了!

獻給新一代的演講——刷爆朋友圈的《後浪》英文版來了!

【文末有福利】

點擊下方,加入【VOA美國之音】圈子。支持音頻MP3下載至本地收聽,隨時隨地可學習。週一至週五更新。本圈子適合聽力考試想拿高分的學生;想要提高英語聽力及口語水平、磨耳朵、練發音的人群:(五一假期半價優惠)

(此處已添加圈子卡片,請到今日頭條客戶端查看)

5月3日晚上,B站獻給新一代的青年宣言片《後浪》在央視一套播出,並登陸《新聞聯播》前黃金時段。國家一級演員何冰登臺演講,點贊當今年輕人的專業態度及自信、大氣等優秀特質,配合青春影像混剪,充分詮釋了年輕人表達自我,擁抱世界的態度。

5月4日當天,《後浪》更是刷爆了微信朋友圈。

獻給新一代的演講——刷爆朋友圈的《後浪》英文版來了!

藉此機會,小編將這篇演講的英文版獻給讀者們。

以下英語譯文轉載自”英語世界“,僅供學習參考。若涉及版權問題,請聯繫刪除。

後浪

Rising Waves

翻譯:許景城(廣東外語外貿大學英文學院,英國班戈大學英語文學院)

那些口口聲聲“一代不如一代”的人,

Those who speculate about “humanity further doomed generation after generation”

應該看著你們,

should take you into observation

像我一樣,

like I am now

我看著你們,滿懷羨慕。


eyeing you, admirable:

人類積攢了幾千年的財富,

All the wealth, lore, insight, wisdom and art

所有的知識、見識、智慧和藝術,

having been mushrooming in human history for thousands of years

像是專門為你們準備的禮物;

seem to be the prepared gifts for you;

科技繁榮、文化繁茂、城市繁華,

the booms in science, technology, culture, and urbanity,

現代文明的成果被層層打開,

the fruits of modern civilization are being peeled off

可以盡情享用。

獻給新一代的演講——刷爆朋友圈的《後浪》英文版來了!

for you to relish.

自由學習一門語言、學習一門手藝、

You can learn any language or any craft that suits your interest;

欣賞一部電影、去遙遠的地方旅行。

you can savor a film or embark on a journey to somewhere remote.

很多人,從小你們就在自由探索自己的興趣;

Many of you since childhood have been exploring your interest freely;

很多人在童年就進入了不惑之年;

even many of you in childhood sensed your sensitivity fade into sensibility,

不惑於自己喜歡什麼,不喜歡什麼。


no longer bemused by what you like and dislike.

人與人之間的壁壘被打破,

All barriers among humans are dismantled:

你們只憑相同的愛好,

Only by virtue of the same hobbies, can

就能結交千萬個值得幹杯的朋友,

you befriend droves of strangers who are willing to share your sorrow and joy.

你們擁有了,

What you possess

我們曾經夢寐以求的權利——選擇的權利;

is what we used to yearn for — the freedom of choice;

你所熱愛的就是你的生活。

what grasps your passion is your life.

你們有幸遇見這樣的時代,

You are blessed to dwell in such an epoch,

但是時代更有幸遇見這樣的你們。

which in return is more fortunate to embrace you.

獻給新一代的演講——刷爆朋友圈的《後浪》英文版來了!

我看著你們,滿懷敬意。

I’m gazing at you, respectful.

向你們的專業態度致敬,

My homage is vented to your adroitness,

你們正在把傳統的變成現代的,

for you are turning something from traditional to modern,

把經典的變成流行的;

from classic to popular;

把學術的變成大眾的,

from scholarly to public,

把民族的變成世界的;

from national to global;

你們把自己的熱愛

you are forging your own passion and aspiration

變成了一個和成千上萬的人分享快樂的事業,

into a happy enterprise that can be shared by tens of thousands of people.

向你們的自信致敬。

My homage is registered here to your confidence.


弱小的人,才習慣嘲諷與否定;

The vulnerable are wont to jeer and smear;

內心強大的人,從不吝嗇讚美與鼓勵。

the strong are always generous in praise and encouragement.

向你們的大氣致敬,

My homage is also paid to your generosity.

小人同而不和,

The wicked are always disagreeing to agree

君子美美與共,和而不同。

while the gentle are happy to see a diversification of differing views, agreeing to disagree.

更年輕的身體,容得下更多元的文化、審美和價值觀。

A younger soul allows for more diverse cultures, aesthetics, and values.


有一天我終於發現,

One day, an epiphany struck me:

不只是我們在教你們如何生活,

It’s not simply that we have been teaching you how to live your life,

你們也在啟發我們,怎樣去更好地生活。

but also that you have been updating our ways to live a better life.

獻給新一代的演講——刷爆朋友圈的《後浪》英文版來了!

那些抱怨“一代不如一代”的人,

Those who speculate about “humanity further doomed generation after generation”

應該看看你們,

should take you into observation,

就像我一樣,

just like I am now,

我看著你們,滿懷感激;

viewing you, grateful;

因為你們,這個世界會更喜歡中國,

thanks to you, the world is growing fonder of China,

因為一個國家最好看的風景,

for the best view of a country

就是這個國家的年輕人。

rests just upon the youth who inhabit it.


因為你們,

Because of you,

這世上的小說、音樂、電影所表現的青春,

the youth represented by novels, melodies, and movies on Earth

就不再是憂傷迷茫,

will be defined not by sadness or loss in any guise whatsoever,

而是善良、勇敢、無私、無所畏懼。

but by kindness, courage, selflessness, and dauntlessness withal.


是心裡有火,眼裡有光。

Youth will see fire in your heart, and light in your eyes.

不用活成我們想象中的樣子,

Never should you lead a life as we’ve envisioned,

我們這一代人的想象力

for our imagination is too meager

不足以想象你們的未來;

to tell what your future will look like.


如果你們依然需要我們的祝福,

If you still expect best wishes from us,

那麼,

then we’re happy to hearten you:

奔湧吧,後浪,

Please surge, rising waves!

我們在同一條奔湧的河流。

We are all in the same surging river!

責編 | 楊寧

審稿 | 李棟

校稿 | 呂放

福利:

點擊右上角關注我們,主頁私信回覆:口語學習,免費贈送【英語900句】音視頻內容。

請記得關注、點贊、轉發、收藏


分享到:


相關文章: