“让一切尘埃落定”用英语怎么说?Let the dust settle?

“让一切尘埃落定”用英语怎么说?Let the dust settle难道是让灰尘落下?

Dialogue.

A: Sorry I’m late. It’s going a bit crazy out there in the office.

不好意思,我迟到了,这会儿办公室里乱糟糟的。

B: Crazy?

乱糟糟的?

A: Yes. Everybody is arguing and shouting.

是的,大家在争吵,每个人都在大声嚷嚷。

B: About what exactly?

到底是因为什么?

A: The mess in the office.

因为办公室里狼藉一片。

B: Hmm, well you’d better stay in here and keep out of the way until things have calmed down.

嗯。。。你最好待在这儿,远离办公室,直到事情平息下来。

A: Good idea-I’ll just let the dust settle.

好主意--我会让“尘埃落下来”

B: Oh, so the office is messy and dusty.

哦,所以说办公室里一片狼藉,满是灰尘

A: No, I just mean I’ll wait for the situation to calm down.

不是的,我的意思是我会等到事情平息下来。

For examples

We’re busy moving house at the moment but I’ll give you a call when the dust settles.

这会儿我们忙着搬家,但是等到一切尘埃落定,我会给你打电话的。

Now the dust has settled after the restructuring, I think we can talk about recruitment.

调整过后,事情已经尘埃落定,我想我们可以谈一谈招聘事宜了。

Let the dust settle的意思是“等到事情平息下来”或者“让一切尘埃落定”

今天的学习就到这里啦!

每天我都会为大家分享这样的干货

然后整理出精华内容

让你学到最地道的日常英语表达

今天你打卡学习了吗?

下期再见!