伊万:做真实的自己(三)




你们知道的 当我第一次……

You know when I first started…

在YouTube上做视频的时候

doing YouTube,

我非常害怕犯错

I was terrified of making a mistake.

害怕观众的看法

I was terrified of what you guys would think.

害怕自己的作品并不完美

I was terrified of putting out an imperfect(adj. 有缺点的;未完成的) product.

我试图把稿子都背下来

I was trying to memorize lines,

所以 在我的第一个视频里

and in my first videos

真的……真的很刻板

they were really…they were really fake(v. 伪造;假装).

那不是真正的我

It was a fake version of me,

因为我试图把每个词都说对

because I was trying to get the exact words right.

你们知道的 我会很努力地记住台词

I would be, you know, looking up trying to memorize my lines(台词).

当我有足够多的经验的时候 我意识到

And when I realized with much more practice was that

精确到每一个词并不重要

it doesn’t matter the exact words that I use.

这不仅是感觉

It’s more than feeling,

也不仅仅是真实

It’s more the genuineness(n. 真实).

我花了很多时间才做到的这点

And it’s taking me a lot of times to get through that.

看 这个频道有80万的订阅量

look, here’s the channel that has 800,000 subscribers.

我们仍然会犯错

And we’re still making mistakes,

我们仍然在不断的解决问题

and we’re still trying to figure things out.

对于我来说 这就是现实

And that’s authentic for me.

所以我认为最重要的事只有一件

And so I think that the biggest thing is one,

就是要意识到

just realizing,

就是能有意识地去理解

having the awareness to understand

你无法前进 是因为对评价的恐惧

that you are holding yourself back because of fear of judgement,

对不能做自己的恐惧

fear of not being yourself,

对他人看法的畏惧

fear of what people might think about you.

大多数的时候 我们都是在潜意识里想象

Most of the time we do things that are so just subconscious(adj. 潜意识的,下意识的),

却并不行动

and we don’t take action on it.

从此刻起 承认自己

Recognizing that here’s a moment right now

那些 你害怕做某件事,你因为害怕某些人的评论。

where you are afraid to do something because of how somebody might judge you,

去做些什么改变这种状况

and then doing something about it,

用实际行动来反驳它

and then taking action against it,

然后 你就会逐渐的强大起来

and then slowly building up that muscle,

所以在下次遇到的时候

so that the next time it happens,

你会更加的游刃有余

You’re able to expand your comfort zone a little bit more.