和 一樣,非謂語動詞是以動詞的變化型(不定式,動名詞和分詞)來替代句子中成分。
非謂語動詞可充當的成分有主語,賓語,定語,狀語,補語等。
作主語
一次性的、具體的行為用 to do,習慣性的、泛指的行為用doing, 但是區分不嚴格
Walking is a good form of excise. 散步是一種很好的運動方式。
Losing his job again makes Jim very upset. 失業讓繼母很苦惱。
To be or not to be is a question. 生存或死亡是個值得考慮的問題
it做形式主語
It is important for you to finish the homework . 完成作業對你來說很重要。
It is no use arguing with them. 和他們正面沒用。
It is foolish of you to come here tonight. 你傻不傻呀,今晚就來。
作賓語
to do:常用的動詞有:agree, afford, arrange, attempt, care, demand, guarantee, hesitate, seat, tend, manage, offer, climb, pretend, promise, refuse, threaten, volunteer determine, wish
不定式做賓語
I plan to watch “Days of our lives”. 我計劃觀看我們的生活這部泡沫劇。
He swore to abide by the principle. 他發誓遵守規則。
I find it difficult to work with him. 我發現和他一起工作很費勁。
Remember to lock the door. 記得鎖門。
謂語動詞+疑問詞+不定式
I didn't know which to choose.=which I should choose 我不知道該選哪個。
I don't know what to say. 我不知道該說啥。
v-ing:常用的動詞有:admit, excuse, postpone, fancy, practice, appreciate, finish, avoid, propose, consider, delay, imagine, deny, permit, save, miss suggest, enjoy,escape
常用的短語:look forward to, devote to, get used to, be accustomed to, stay, object to, pay attention to, get down to
v-ing作賓語
I saw the birds singing. 我看到鳥兒在唱歌。
I can't remember having been given such an honour. 我不記得曾有此殊榮。
I remembered locking the door before I left the office, but forgot to turn off the lights. 離開辦公室時,我鎖了門,卻忘了關燈。
I am looking forward to sing in the crowd. 我期望在人群中大聲歌唱。
介詞賓語
By reviewing the old, you can learn something new. 溫故而知新。
One learns a language by makings mistakes and correcting them. 一個人在犯錯和糾正中學習新語言。
v-ing主動表被動:need, want, require, reserve
The watch needs repairing 表需要修理。
She want kissing. 她想被吻。
be worth結構用v-ing表被動意義
The book is worth reading. 這本書值得一讀。
The book is worthy to be read.
The book is worthy of being read.
賓補
不定式作賓補
不定式作賓補的常用動詞: advise, command, allow, encourage, instruct, intend, beg, expect, forbid, remind, urge, order, request, permit, teach persuade
advise sb to do sth.
We don't allow smoking here, so we don't allow you to smoke here. 我們不允許吸菸,所以不允許你們吸菸。
He encourages me to lose weight. 他們鼓勵我減肥。
I was instructed to send a message to you. 有人通知我給你發個信息。
使役動詞have, get, make, let:多數+省略to的不定式
The boss made his workers work 10 hours a day. 這個老闆讓員工一天工作十小時。
Don't let one minor setback defeat you. 別讓小挫折擊垮你。
get +帶to不定式:
He usually got his secretary to buy breakfast for him. 他經常讓秘書幫他買早飯。
have, get
have sb do
The boss had his secretary buy breakfast for him. 老闆讓秘書幫他買早飯。
have sb doing: 讓持續不斷的做
The coach had his players running all morning. 教練讓選手們跑了一早晨。
have sth done
I will have the work done immediately. 工作我馬上完成。
He tried to make himself understood. 他試圖讓他人理解自己。
make
I speak slowly to make myself understood. 我把語速放慢,以讓他們容易理解。
感官動詞 see, hear, feel
It was at the KTV that I heard him sing. +do表過程
I heard him singing when I participated in the party. +doing表正在發生
As we walk closer, we noticed his body covered by blood. 當我走進,發現他倒在血泊中。
Do you smell something burning? 你聞到糊味了嗎?
with複合結構
The great leader visited the factory with many generals following. 偉大的領袖訪問了工廠,多名將軍跟隨。
I received an invitation to dinner, and with my homework finished I gladly accepted. 有人請我吃完飯,由於昨晚完成,我欣然接受。
With a lot of challenges to meet, I am under huge pressure.挑戰在前,我壓力山大。
考慮主被動決定 to do, doing 還是done
I have something to do. 我有事情做。
The job needs to be done. 工作需要做。
I have smelt something burning. 我問到了燒焦的氣味。
表語
不定式做表語表具體內容,如行為,目的,願望,夢想,需求等
To see is to believe. 眼見為實
My task is to teach the students. 我的工作是教學生。
動名詞做表語表抽象概念,如身份,職業,狀態
-
The news is astonishing. 消息很驚人。
My job is talking, I am a teacher. 我的工作是說話,我是老師。
His job is raising pigs. 他是養豬的。
分詞做表語
被動
We were astonished (by the news). 我們被消息驚呆。
狀態
My heart is broken. 我傷心了。
The shrimp is frozen. 蝦被凍住了。
He is studying English. 他在學英語。
定語
分詞ing:令人。。
-
We have never heard a more touching story before. 我之前從沒聽過如此感人的故事。
分詞ed: 感到。。
A broken heart is hard to be cured. 傷心難以彌補。
不及物動詞的過去分詞作定語,不表被動,表完成 fallen, faded, retired, risen, developed.
It is hard to capture the fallen leaves with a camera. 用鏡頭捕捉落葉,難。
China is still not a developed country. 中國仍然是一個發展中國家。
不定式做定語
Do you have something to eat? 你有沒有吃的?
He is not the best man to be your spouse. 他不是能成為你配偶的最佳人選。
We have a big house to live in. 我們有大屋子住。
We have a serious problem to discuss. 我們有一個後果嚴重的問題需要討論。
I have made the decision to quit. 我做了離職的決定。
不定式在the last, the only, 形容詞最高級和序數詞後邊最定語
He is always the last one to leave. 他一直是最後走的那個。
動賓關係不及物動詞要補介詞
I am not sure which restaurant to eat at. 我不知道去哪家飯館吃。
The poor guy has no place to live in. 這個可憐的人沒地方住。
不定式常被用來修飾抽象名詞 time, way, chance, ability, attempt, decision
I have time to do sth. 我又時間做事。
Do you have the ability to write in English. 你有用英語寫作的能力嗎?
This is just an attempt to test my assumption, so don't worry about the result. 這只是驗證我設想的嘗試,不必關心結果。
詞做定語的時態概念:不定式,現在分詞,過去分詞
The question discussed yesterday is of great importance. 我們昨天討論的問題很重要。
The question being discussed now is of great importance. 我們現在討論的問題很重要。
The question to be discussed tomorrow is of great importance.我們明天將要討論的問題很重要。
狀語
不定式做原因狀語
happy , glad, amazed...
I am happy to hang out with you. 我喜歡和你出去玩。
only/all+adj/adv+to do
I was only too happy to meet with my girlfriend. 見女朋友,我會很高興。
目的狀語in order to, so as to
I took down his number in order to/so as to not forget it. 我寫下他的號碼,以防忘記。
結果狀語
adj/adv +enough+to do 足以
The girl is only enough to be a waiter. 小女孩剛到了能成為服務員的年齡。
only /just to do 令人失望的
She hurried to the class, only to find that the teacher had already been there. 她急急忙忙到學校,發現老師已經在那裡。
He returned home after the war, only to be told that his wife has left home. 戰爭結束,他回家,發現老婆早跑了。
so+adj/adv+as to do
Would you be so kind as to open the door for me? 可不可以勞駕你幫我開門?
-
He is so devoted to her as to neglect many of her shortcomings. 他太喜歡她,以至於忽略了很多她的缺點。
分詞:時間原因條件讓步方式伴隨,都可轉化為狀語從句
Hearing the knock on the door, they stopped talking. hear和knock的主語 一致才能使用分詞
Not having made adequate preparations, we postponed the sports meeting. 由於準備工作不足,我們推遲了運動會。
Having been kept in prison for many years, he went mad. 在被羈押了多年後,他瘋了。
Pressed by his parents, and realizing that he has wasted too much time, the boy is determined to stop playing video games. 在父母的壓力下,以及認識到自己已經浪費太多時間,這個男孩子決定放棄電子遊戲。
閱讀更多 英語學人 的文章