BBC聽英文|The Appraisal

:點擊

上方"小芳老師"免費關注哦

Could I have a word Anna, in my office?

Anna,能來辦公室談談嗎?

Hello again. I wonder what Paul wants to say to Anna? Could it have something to do with Rachel, the pen thief or is it just to do with biscuits?! Let’s find out.

大家好!歡迎再次來到職場英語。Paul要對Anna說什麼呢?是盜筆賊Rachel,還是小餅乾呢?一起去尋找答案吧~

Have a seat…so well done for speaking to her. Stealing all those pens from the office was the final straw.

Anna,請坐。很高興你能告訴她那些話。偷辦公室鋼筆是搞毀她的最後一根稻草。

She was stealing straws?

她偷稻草了?

No, no. It was the final thing that she did wrong – and it meant disciplinary action. I’ve had to ’let her go’ – in other words, sack her.

啊,不是。是她做錯的最後一件事,必須得接受紀律處分。我已經把她開除了,換句話說,她被解僱了。

Oh, so she’s gone. But what is Mr Socrates going to say? She was his best employee.

哦,這麼說她已經走了。但Socrates先生會說什麼?她可是他的最好員工。

Leave it with me. I’m sure he’ll understand…I hope. Now, I wanted to speak to you about your appraisal.

我來處理。相信他會理解的,當然我希望如此。好了,Anna,現在你自我評價一下吧。

My appraisal?

自我評價?

Yes, we do it every year. It’s a chance to talk about you, talk about the highs and lows of the past year and look forward.

是啊,我們每年都這樣做。這是一個談論自己、評估高低、展望未來的好機會。

Highs and lows? But I haven’t been walking up any hills.

高低點?可我也沒爬山啊。

No Anna! He means your appraisal is about reviewing your performance and setting objectives for the year ahead.

呃,Anna!他的意思是,你要回顧自我表現,設立明年目標。

I see. But what are objectives?

哦,我明白了。但什麼是目標?

These are tasks for you to do, to try and improve your performance and skills and help the business.Here are the questions you’re likely to hear in an appraisal: What’s gone well for you this year?

就是完成任務規劃、提升表現技能、幫助公司業務。以下是你可能在評價中聽到的問題。今年哪些事情比較順利?

What didn’t go so well?

哪些事情相對不順?

What should you do more of?

你應該再做哪些努力?

Let’s look ahead and set some objectives.

讓我們展望未來,設立目標。

Right. Thanks. So Paul, when shall we have this, err, appraisal?

好的,謝謝。Paul,我們什麼時候開始。。。呃,自我評價?

If you’ve time, we could make a start now?

看你時間啊。現在可以嗎?

Oh OK. So I need to think about my performance first?

呃,好吧。我要先談談自我表現嗎?

Exactly. What has gone well for you this year?

沒錯!今年你有哪些事情比較順利?

Well I guess I’ve just done my job.

嗯,我只完成了分內工作。

Anna! This is your chance to sell yourself. Think about the deals you’ve made, the people you’ve managed, that sort of thing.

Anna!這是你推銷自己的機會。想想你做成的交易,管理的人員。說說諸如此類的事。

Right. Well, I did complete two big contracts for the Imperial Lemon…

啊,好的。我為帝國檸檬公司做了兩項大合同。

You’ve had plenty of compliments for that. You seem to have a zest for selling!

Anna,你都誇過很多次了。你好像對銷售很有熱情啊!

Err, right…and then there was dealing with Mr Ingle in the warehouse.

呃。。。好吧。對了,我還在倉庫中與Ingle先生打過交道。

Yes, that’s a good example of dealing with difficult staff. And what didn’t go so well?

沒錯,那可是應對困難員工的好例子。有什麼不順事情嗎?

Well…erm…working with Rachel…and cold calling I suppose. That wasn’t easy.

恩,與Rachel共事。還有,無約電話也不簡單。

Ah yes. But you soon warmed up! And what should you do more of?

是啊,但你很快就適應了!現在說說你要再做哪些努力?

Err, erm…

呃。。。

It’s a tricky question Anna – but don’t be ashamed about admitting things that you feel you could improve on.Nobody’s perfect! Think about skills you’d like to improve.

Anna,這個問題很難回答。但不要害怕承認,說說你認為可以改善的事情。畢竟人無完人!想想你可以提升哪些技巧。

Oh OK. Well Paul, I guess I could….develop some ideas for new products? Continue to work on the European marketing strategy..sell more Imperial Lemons…err…

好的。Paul,我想我可以為新產品想主意,繼續從事歐洲營銷戰略,並出售更多帝國檸檬,還要。。。

That’s enough Anna! If you do all that, you’ll put me out of a job!

行了,Anna!你要是把這些全實現了,我該下崗了。

Oh, I don’t want to do that!

呃,我不是那個意思。

Now let’s look ahead and set some objectives. Biscuit?

好了,現在讓我們展望未來,設立目標吧。要吃餅乾嗎?

Biscuits as an objective? Oh I see…no thanks.

餅乾也可以是目標??啊,我明白了,不吃,謝謝。

We’ve all got to improve our sales targets so I’m asking all the team to make an extra ten sales deals this year.

大家都想提高銷售目標,所以我要求全隊今年增加10個銷售交易。

Oh, ten, that’s a lot.

10個?太多了吧。

It is but I know you can do it. And you mentioned developing new products, well I’d like you to do just that –but not plastic fruit, I’d like you to develop a plastic vegetable. Potato, carrot, that sort of thing.

確實有點多,但我相信你可以做到。剛剛你提到開發新產品,恩,我很想讓你去做。但不要開發塑料水果,我想讓你開發塑料蔬菜,比如土豆、胡蘿蔔。

Gosh. Well, ok.

天啊,好吧。

Oh and one more thing. Could you help Denise sort out the stationery cupboard? It’s a right mess.

哦,對了,還有件事。你能幫Denise整理下文具櫃嗎?裡面亂七八糟的。

Err.

呃。。。

That’s a lot of objectives for Anna. She’s got her work cut out for the next year.Appraisals are a good time to review your work and plan what you going to do next.Here’s a reminder of the kind of questions your manager may ask you:

Anna有那麼多目標,看來明年她得減少工作了。評價是核查所做工作、計劃未來事宜的好時機。下面介紹下經理可能會問及的問題。

What has gone well for you this year? Give me some examples.

今年你有哪些事情比較順利?請舉例說明。

What didn’t go so well?

哪些事情相對不順?

What should you do more of?

你應該再做哪些努力?

Let’s look ahead and set some objectives.

讓我們展望未來、設立目標。

So if you could write up your appraisal and have it back to me by Friday?

Anna,你能寫好自我評價,下週五交給我嗎?

Of course Paul. Thanks. See you later.

當然可以,謝謝你。回頭見。

Oh hi Anna. Are you still on for dinner on Friday?

嗨,Anna,週五晚上還去吃晚餐嗎?

Yes Tom!

當然去啊。

What’s going on?!

怎麼了?

A mouse…a mouse! I’ve just seen a mouse running out of the stationary office.

老鼠,老鼠啊!我剛剛看到一隻老鼠從文具櫃裡跑出來了。

Was he stealing the pens?!

它在偷鋼筆嗎?

It’s no joke. Quick…there he goes!

我沒開玩笑。快點,它往那邊跑了。

Leave him to me! Oh…oww!

我來處理。嗷!

Tom…Tom? Are you ok?

Tom?你沒事吧?

Uh oh! What’s happened to Tom? Has he broken something? Join us next time to find out. Bye!

啊哦~~Tom怎麼了?是把東西打破了嗎?請在下期節目中尋找答案吧~~拜拜。


分享到:


相關文章: