英語自學系列(2)——講解泰坦尼克號:當年你沒看懂的那些深情

視頻文本:

He was of some assistance to my fiancee last night.

昨晚他幫了我未婚妻一些忙

英語自學系列(2)——講解泰坦尼克號:當年你沒看懂的那些深情

We're going to analyze this utterance from a connected speech point of view.

我們將從連讀的這個角度出發來分析下上面這個句子

(接下來的內容建議結合視頻一起學習)

Try saying this utterance. "He was of some assistance."

請嘗試讀一下這個句子 "He was of some assistance."

Did you say it like this?

你是這樣說的嗎

(正確讀法請看最上方視頻)

英語自學系列(2)——講解泰坦尼克號:當年你沒看懂的那些深情

If you didn't, you probably put stress on the words was and of.

如果你不是這樣讀的話 很有可能你是把重音放在了單詞was和of上 這也就導致了

These are structure words, meaning you don't put stress on them.

這些只是結構詞(本身沒有詞彙意義而只是幫助構成一定結構的詞)所以不需要把重音放在這上面

You might have missed is the linking between was and of.

你可能忽略的另外一個細節是was和of之間的連讀

Another reminder is that the F in of is actually pronounced V.

還有一點 "F"在單詞of中的發音是"V"的音

If you pronounce it F , you will say off.

如果你發成"F"音 有可能你就會把of這個單詞讀成"off"

In the following two examples, OF is linked with the S consonant from the word before.

在接下來的兩個例子中 of是與前一個單詞的輔音S相連接的

I put 10 months of my life into this place.

我花了10個月的時間在這裡

英語自學系列(2)——講解泰坦尼克號:當年你沒看懂的那些深情

You want a glass of milk or something to wash that down with?

你想要一杯牛奶或其他什麼東西把它衝一下嗎

It turns out that Mr. Dawson is quite a fine artist.

我發現 道森先生真是一個不錯的畫家

He was kind enough to show me some of his work.

他人很好 今天還給我看了一些他的作品

英語自學系列(2)——講解泰坦尼克號:當年你沒看懂的那些深情

We used this phrase "to be kind enough to do something" to express our gratitude,

我們用"to be kind enough to do something"這個短語 用來表示 我們對某人做的事很感激

We only say this in formal situations.

一般我們只有在正式場合的時候才會使用這個表達

He was kind enough to hold the door open for us.

他人很不錯 一直為我們敞開門

In the following example, we hear this phrase used together with other similar polite, sophisticated vocabulary like the words ma'am as we've seen and pardon me, which equals to "excuse me".

接下來 我們會聽到這個短語和其他類似的禮貌用語一起使用 類似"ma'am""pardon me"這樣的禮貌用語 pardon me相當於excuse me

英語自學系列(2)——講解泰坦尼克號:當年你沒看懂的那些深情

Excuse me.

對不起 打擾一下

Two champagnes, please, sir.

要兩杯香檳 謝謝

Pardon me, young man.

打擾一下 年輕的小夥子

Would you be kind enough to order me a whiskey sour?

可以給我來一杯酸的威士忌嗎

Yes, ma'am, I can.

好的 女士

好啦,今天的英語教學就到這裡啦。

想了解更多實用的學英語方法,歡迎關注我,期待大家的留言!我們下期不見不散!

點擊【瞭解更多】,免費獲得188元外教課


分享到:


相關文章: