租房子會用到哪些單詞?今天我們一次說完!
LANDLORD / LANDLADY
含義:一個擁有自己房產(房子,公寓,樓房)的人,也就是“房東,包租婆”。
the person who owns a property (house, apartment, building)
- I’m a lanlord, I own five houses and people pay me rent every month. (我是一個房東,我擁有五套房子,人們每個月都會付給我租金。)
- I have a great landlady. Whenever there is a problem in my apartment, she has someone fix it immediately.(我有一個很好的女房東,每次我的公寓有什麼問題,她都會找人馬上修好。)
TENANT
含義:租房子住或者工作的人,也就是“租客”。
the person who pays rent to live or work in the building.
- I‘m a tenant, I pay my landlord $600 every month so I can live in the apartment. (我是一個租客,我每個月付給房東600美元,所以我能住在這公寓裡。)
- I'm a landlady, I had a terrible tenant who completely destroyed the kitchen, I had to pay over $2000 to have it cleaned and repaired.(我是一個女房東,我有一個很糟糕的租客,ta把我的廚房搞得一團糟,我不得不花超過2000沒有把它打掃乾淨,再修好。)
CONTRACT (rental agreement)
含義:你需要簽署的一份正式文件,然後你就可以住在一個房產裡面,也就是“租約,合同”。
the official document you sign so you can live or work in a property.
- I’m a universit student, I signed a one-year contract to live in this room.(我是一個大學生,我簽了一年的租約在這房間住。)
- I live with a friend so I never signed a rental agreement. But, I do pay her rent every month.(我和朋友一起住,所以我沒簽過租房合同。不過,我每個月都會付她房租。)
DEPOSIT
含義:在你入住前交給房東的錢,你走的時候再退給你(如果沒有任何物品損壞的話),也就是我們常說的“押金”。
the money you give to a lanlord BEFORE you begin living somewhere. When you leave, this money is returned to you. (if there are no damages.)
- I had to pay a two-month deposit after I signed my rental agreement. Then, I still needed to pay for my first month. (我簽完租房合同之後要交兩個月的押金,然後我還要交第一個月的租金。)
- I'm a landlord. I didn't give my tenant her deposit back because she din't pay me rent for over three month.(我是個房東,我沒給我的租客退押金,因為她已經超過三個月沒付房租了。)
FURNISHED / UNFURNISHED
含義:來自單詞 “furnish”(裝修,配置傢俱),表示“帶傢俱的/不帶傢俱的”;而傢俱叫做“furniture”。
- My new apartment is unfurnished, so I went to IKEA and bought a new bed, sofa, desk and wardrobe.(我的新公寓不帶傢俱,所以我去了宜家買了新的床、沙發、桌子和衣櫃。)
- I'm looking for a furnished room. I don't have money to buy new furniture.(我在找帶裝修的房子,我沒錢買新傢俱了。)
MOVE IN / MOVE OUT
含義:搬進來 / 搬走。
move in - go into a new property; move out - leave a property
- Next week I am moving out of my apartment because I found a new job in a different city.(下週我要搬離我的公寓了,因為我在別的城市找了一份新工作。)
- I have to move in with my parents for a few months.(我要搬進來和我爸媽住幾個月。)
PLACE
含義:一個人住的地方
- Come on, let's have lunch at my place.(來,一起到我家吃午飯吧。)
- Wow, your parents have an amazing place. Are they rich?(哇哦,你爸媽住的地方好厲害,他們很有錢吧?)
UTILITIES
含義:水,電,煤
water, electricity, gas
- In the summer, my utilitity bills are so high because I use air conditioning all the time.(夏天的時候,我的電費單很高,因為我總是開著空調。)
- My utilities are included in my rent. I never get any water or electricity bills.(我的水電煤都包含在房租裡面,所以我從來沒收到過水費單和電費單。)
ROOMMATE (USA) / FLATMATE (UK)
含義:共同合租的人,也就是“室友”,美國叫“room-mate”,英國叫“flat-mate”。
- I live in a three-bedroom apartment. I rent one room and I have two other roommates.(我住在一個三房的公寓裡,我租了其中一個房間,還有兩個室友。)
- My flatmate steals my toilet paper. I just know it.(我的室友偷我的廁紙,我看破不說破。)
閱讀更多 英語不難學 的文章