看美劇學口語:OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭聽


Mary Alice Voiceover: Past mistakes...陳年錯誤

[EXT: Lake -Night深夜在湖邊]

(Paul throws the wrapped up chest into the lake.保羅把一個捆綁的箱子扔進湖裡)

[INT Police Station -Day警察局——白天]

(Policeman shows pictures of the chest to a carpenter.警察給一個木匠看一個木箱的幾張照片)

Policeman: We pulled it out of Rockwater Lake.我們從洛克沃特湖撈起來的。

Carpenter: I must have sold several hundred of these, just like it. We have a list of customers' names on file.

我賣掉了好幾百個這樣的箱子,我有一份客戶的名單。

[EXT: Lake-Night深夜湖邊]

Mary Alice Voiceover:...will come back to haunt you.會陰魂不散

haunt vt.纏住;常到;出沒(像鬼魂一樣)

[EXT:Young House-Night楊的家 深夜]

(Paul and Zach are arguing.保羅和扎克在爭吵)

Zach: I won't tell anyone.I'll keep your secret, dad?

我不會告訴任何人的,我會為你保守秘密的爸爸

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[EXT:Solis House -Garden -Day索利斯的家,院子,白天]

Mary Alice Voiceover: There were many things Gabrielle Solis knew for certain-加布麗爾對許多事都確信無疑

(Gabrielle comes outside, runs her fingers through her hair & smoothes her dress.加布麗爾從裡面出來,用手指理了理頭髮和裙子)

Mary Alice Voiceover: She knew red was her colour. She knew diamonds went with everything.

她知道紅色最襯她,她知道鑽石最百搭。

(Gabrielle collects the mail, next door neighbour is playing catch with his son, but stops to look at her.

加布麗爾從信箱拿信,隔壁鄰居正和孩子在練習接球,停下來看她)

Mary Alice Voiceover:-And she knew men were all the same-她確信男人骨子裡都一樣。

(Gabrielle stops the baseball with her shoe, and gives the ball back to the boy.加布麗爾用鞋子把棒球攔住,把球踢給男孩)

Mary Alice Voiceover: But the one thing Gabrielle knew above all else - she would never want children...但有一件事加布麗爾最確定無疑,那就是堅決不要孩子。

(Gabrielle watches Carlos smiling at the father and son playing together.加布麗爾看著卡洛斯微笑著看著那對父子在打球)

Mary Alice Voiceover:Unfortunately for Gabrielle, her husband Carlos felt differently.可不幸的的是她的丈夫可不 這麼想。

[INT:Solis House -Gabrielle and Carlos-Bedroom-Night夜晚,索利斯和加布麗爾在臥室]

(Gabrielle and Carlos are in bed, Gabrielle is putting on hand cream and Carlos is reading.兩個人在床上,加布麗爾在摸護手霜,卡洛斯在看書)


看美劇學口語:OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭聽/我正想知道呢

Gabrielle: I'm so lucky to have you,

我真幸運能擁有你

Carlos: huh, OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭聽

俚語學習I'll bite.

英文解釋: 在 the Free Dictionary查的英文解釋

【OK, I'll engage with you on this topic.

Okay, I will answer your question.;

Okay, I will listen to your joke or play your little guessing game

You want me to ask what or why, so, what or why?】

意思是:我問你吧 ,我正想問你呢,我正想知道呢,我回答你吧;

表示說話者希望或暗示你問或回答他,就可以用這句,接著上面那個話題。看下面例子:

例子1:

A: "I think I've figured out why Tom is being such a jerk."

我知道了湯姆為什麼這麼混蛋。

B: "Are you not going to tell us any more? Fine, I'll bite—why is Tom being such a jerk?"

怎麼不繼續說下去? 得了那我就問你,湯姆為什麼那麼混蛋。

例子2:

Rex: Guess what is in this box?

猜猜看盒子裡是什麼?

Bill: I'll bite.

我想知道。

Rex: A new watch!

一隻新的手錶。

(He puts book down他把書放下)

Carlos: Why are you so lucky?

你為什麼如此幸運?


看美劇學口語:OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭聽/我正想知道呢

Gabrielle: Because I don't want to have kids and you do.

因為我不想要孩子,而你想要。

Carlos: Oh .That.

喔,那件事啊

Gabrielle: Most men would leave over something like that, and you're still here. I'm grateful. I know the sacrifice you're making.

絕大多數男人都會因此離開,而你仍然在這兒。我很感激也明白你做出的犧牲。

Carlos: There's still a little part of me that's hoping to change your mind. Once you had a baby I think that you would love it so much.

其實我始終抱有一絲希望,你會改變主意。一旦你有了寶寶,你會非常愛他的。

Gabrielle: Honey. It's not going to happen.

親愛的,那是不可能的。

Carlos: You never know.

世事難料。/那可不一定/很難說/很難預料。

Gabrielle: No, sometimes you do.

不,毋庸置疑。

sometimes you do(=上句出現的動詞know)字面是說:有時候你會知道。意譯:毋庸置疑。

Carlos: Well, it is a sacrifice. But you're worth it.這確實是一種犧牲,但為了你值得。


分享到:


相關文章: