看美剧学口语:OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭听


Mary Alice Voiceover: Past mistakes...陈年错误

[EXT: Lake -Night深夜在湖边]

(Paul throws the wrapped up chest into the lake.保罗把一个捆绑的箱子扔进湖里)

[INT Police Station -Day警察局——白天]

(Policeman shows pictures of the chest to a carpenter.警察给一个木匠看一个木箱的几张照片)

Policeman: We pulled it out of Rockwater Lake.我们从洛克沃特湖捞起来的。

Carpenter: I must have sold several hundred of these, just like it. We have a list of customers' names on file.

我卖掉了好几百个这样的箱子,我有一份客户的名单。

[EXT: Lake-Night深夜湖边]

Mary Alice Voiceover:...will come back to haunt you.会阴魂不散

haunt vt.缠住;常到;出没(像鬼魂一样)

[EXT:Young House-Night杨的家 深夜]

(Paul and Zach are arguing.保罗和扎克在争吵)

Zach: I won't tell anyone.I'll keep your secret, dad?

我不会告诉任何人的,我会为你保守秘密的爸爸

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[EXT:Solis House -Garden -Day索利斯的家,院子,白天]

Mary Alice Voiceover: There were many things Gabrielle Solis knew for certain-加布丽尔对许多事都确信无疑

(Gabrielle comes outside, runs her fingers through her hair & smoothes her dress.加布丽尔从里面出来,用手指理了理头发和裙子)

Mary Alice Voiceover: She knew red was her colour. She knew diamonds went with everything.

她知道红色最衬她,她知道钻石最百搭。

(Gabrielle collects the mail, next door neighbour is playing catch with his son, but stops to look at her.

加布丽尔从信箱拿信,隔壁邻居正和孩子在练习接球,停下来看她)

Mary Alice Voiceover:-And she knew men were all the same-她确信男人骨子里都一样。

(Gabrielle stops the baseball with her shoe, and gives the ball back to the boy.加布丽尔用鞋子把棒球拦住,把球踢给男孩)

Mary Alice Voiceover: But the one thing Gabrielle knew above all else - she would never want children...但有一件事加布丽尔最确定无疑,那就是坚决不要孩子。

(Gabrielle watches Carlos smiling at the father and son playing together.加布丽尔看着卡洛斯微笑着看着那对父子在打球)

Mary Alice Voiceover:Unfortunately for Gabrielle, her husband Carlos felt differently.可不幸的的是她的丈夫可不 这么想。

[INT:Solis House -Gabrielle and Carlos-Bedroom-Night夜晚,索利斯和加布丽尔在卧室]

(Gabrielle and Carlos are in bed, Gabrielle is putting on hand cream and Carlos is reading.两个人在床上,加布丽尔在摸护手霜,卡洛斯在看书)


看美剧学口语:OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭听/我正想知道呢

Gabrielle: I'm so lucky to have you,

我真幸运能拥有你

Carlos: huh, OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭听

俚语学习I'll bite.

英文解释: 在 the Free Dictionary查的英文解释

【OK, I'll engage with you on this topic.

Okay, I will answer your question.;

Okay, I will listen to your joke or play your little guessing game

You want me to ask what or why, so, what or why?】

意思是:我问你吧 ,我正想问你呢,我正想知道呢,我回答你吧;

表示说话者希望或暗示你问或回答他,就可以用这句,接着上面那个话题。看下面例子:

例子1:

A: "I think I've figured out why Tom is being such a jerk."

我知道了汤姆为什么这么混蛋。

B: "Are you not going to tell us any more? Fine, I'll bite—why is Tom being such a jerk?"

怎么不继续说下去? 得了那我就问你,汤姆为什么那么混蛋。

例子2:

Rex: Guess what is in this box?

猜猜看盒子里是什么?

Bill: I'll bite.

我想知道。

Rex: A new watch!

一只新的手表。

(He puts book down他把书放下)

Carlos: Why are you so lucky?

你为什么如此幸运?


看美剧学口语:OK, I'll bite.好吧,我洗耳恭听/我正想知道呢

Gabrielle: Because I don't want to have kids and you do.

因为我不想要孩子,而你想要。

Carlos: Oh .That.

喔,那件事啊

Gabrielle: Most men would leave over something like that, and you're still here. I'm grateful. I know the sacrifice you're making.

绝大多数男人都会因此离开,而你仍然在这儿。我很感激也明白你做出的牺牲。

Carlos: There's still a little part of me that's hoping to change your mind. Once you had a baby I think that you would love it so much.

其实我始终抱有一丝希望,你会改变主意。一旦你有了宝宝,你会非常爱他的。

Gabrielle: Honey. It's not going to happen.

亲爱的,那是不可能的。

Carlos: You never know.

世事难料。/那可不一定/很难说/很难预料。

Gabrielle: No, sometimes you do.

不,毋庸置疑。

sometimes you do(=上句出现的动词know)字面是说:有时候你会知道。意译:毋庸置疑。

Carlos: Well, it is a sacrifice. But you're worth it.这确实是一种牺牲,但为了你值得。


分享到:


相關文章: