You name it! 只要你說得出來的,我都能做.


1.Edie, please talk to me.Edie, 說說話啊

I've been thinking about this for the last ninety miles and you don't have to forgive me.

一路回來我一直在思考,你不必原諒我。

2.You can go to the police, kick me, you can burn my house down.

你可以去警察局告發我,你可以燒了我的房子。kick: 痛斥,申述 burn down: 燒燬

3.You just have to know that I am so racked with guilt,I don't think it’s possible for me to suffer any more than I'm already suffering.

只是你要知道我在內疚中煎熬著,我覺得沒什麼比我現在更難過的了。

rack: 折磨

be racked with/by…讓某個人承受巨大的痛苦

suffer: 受痛苦

4.Boy, I'd like to put that theory to the test.

是嗎,我可真想驗證一下你這句話。(看你說的到底是不是真的)

boy是語氣詞

theory: 理論

put sb./sth. to the test 把某物/某個人拿去測驗/驗證一下

這裡並沒有真的什麼theory理論,只是Susan的一種解釋,一種說法

5.Well, whatever you want to do, Edie, just know that I'm sorry.

好吧,依迪你想做什麼都可以。只是你要明白我真的很抱歉。

6. I'm not going to the police.

我不會去警察局告你。

7. You're not?

你不會去嗎?

8. No. The insurance company will just want to investigate, and it will delay my check.

不會。保險公司會重新調查, 那會延遲我的支票。

investigate: 調查 delay: 推遲 check: 支票

9.Thank you.

謝謝你。

10. But.There is something I want you to do for me.

但是...有件事你要幫我做。

11.Of course, anything. Uh, you name it! What?

當然. 任何事都可以。你說吧. 什麼事?

老外常說:You name it = I can do anything you name it只要你說得出來的,我都能做。也就是

你想要的應有盡有!

You name it, and we have it. 凡是你說的出名字的我們都有。

12.I want to be invited to your poker game.

我想要參加你們的撲克聚會。

13. Our poker games?

我們的撲克聚會?

14. I'm not saying that I'll go. And I'm not saying that you and your little friends have to be nice to me.

並不是說我一定會去,, 我也沒要求你和你的那些小夥伴要對我多好。

But, every once in a while, yeah! It'd be nice to be asked.

不過時不時地邀請我去,我會很樂意的。

every once in a while: 偶爾

15.Well, we meet on Tuesdays, and it’s pot-luck lunch.Everybody has to bring something.


嗯, 我們週二見面, 中飯是家常便飯。每個人都要帶些東西。

pot-luck: 其中“Pot”的意思是鍋子,“luck”則是運氣。pot-lunch在某一個人或幾個人(可以是幾個朋友也可以是公司裡的同事)的提議下舉行一個午餐會或晚餐會,但參加聚會的人都要帶一個菜或一種食物,大家能夠嚐到許多不同的食品,但也有可能遲到不喜歡的食物,因而加上“luck”這個詞。

16I'm not bringing anything.

我不會帶任何東西。

17. Oh, you don't have to. Well, this is good. Thank you.

哦, 你不必帶。那很好,謝謝。

18.I guess I should go take a shower and wash Mrs. Huber off me.

我想我該去衝個澡...把Huber夫人從身上洗掉。

shower: 淋浴 wash…off: 清洗掉

19. Hold it. I can't stand the thought of Martha’s ashes going down some sewer drain.

等等,想到Huber夫人的骨灰將被衝到下水道沖走我就難受。

hold: 持續 stand: 忍受 ashes: 骨灰 go down: 沉下

sewer: 汙水管的;下水道的 drain: 下水道,陰溝

20.Well, Edie, I, I have to clean up.

Edie, 我必須清洗一下。

21.Well, this is such a beautiful lawn. We could put her to rest right here!

這個草坪真漂亮。我們讓她在這裡安息吧。

lawn: 草坪 rest: 安息

22.On my front lawn?

在我的前院草坪?

23. Why not? She could spend all of eternity looking at her house,and keep an eye on the neighborhood. she'd like that

對呀?她可以永遠地注視她的房子,順便看看她的鄰居。她會喜歡那樣的。

.keep an eye on: 留心,注意 neighborhood: 鄰居

Stand over here, I'll hose you off.

過來站這兒. 我替你沖洗。

24.I don't think so.

這樣不好吧。

25. You owe me!Martha, I'm gonna miss you.

你欠我的。Martha... 我會想你的。


分享到:


相關文章: