I wanted to, but I kept putting it off..可話到嘴邊卻難以啟齒


I wanted to, but I kept putting it off..可話到嘴邊卻難以啟齒



Tom: Lynette? Honey, are you home?

勒奈特,親愛的,你在家嗎?

Lynette: (from behind him, by the windows) Three months?

3個月?

Tom: God, you... scared the hell out of me.

天啊,你把我膽都嚇破了。

Lynette: Were you ever going to tell me?

你有沒有打算告訴我?

Tom: I wanted to, but I kept putting it off. I knew how you'd react

我有想過,可是每次話到嘴邊卻難以啟齒,我就知道你會有什麼樣的反應。

Lynette: Congratulations. You read me like a book. Why would you hire that woman?

恭喜你,對我瞭如指掌。你為什麼要僱那個女人?

Tom: Technically Peterson found her. I just vouched for her.

嚴格說來是彼得森找他來的,我只是為她做擔保。

technically adv.技術上;學術上;嚴密地

vouch vt. 擔保;證明;傳出庭作證

Lynette: Tom!

Tom: Come on honey, I'm just helping her out. It's the least I can do. Look, she was devastated when I left her for you. I felt bad.

拜託,親愛的,我只是幫了她一把,這點小忙我還是得幫的 。當我為了你離開他時,她都崩潰了。

我良心不安。

Lynette: Do you still have feelings for her?

你是不是對她仍然有感覺?

Tom: (puts his hands up) Alright, I'm not talking to you.

行了,我不想跟你說了。

Lynette: Come on, you can tell me. You still care about her, don't you. Just a teeny-tiny little bit?

告訴我沒關係,你還在關心他嗎?哪怕只是一丁點兒。

teeny adj. 極小的;微小的

tiny adj. 極小的,微小的

teeny和tiny都可以單獨使用,都是小的意思。也可連起來使用

teeny-tiny ,而且還押韻,讀起來朗朗上口。little bit 都是一點兒的意思

Tom: I was just trying to be a good guy. That's all.

我只是想做個好人,僅此而已。

Lynette: Well, you can't work with her.

你不能和她一起上班。

Tom: What do you want me to do? Quit?

那你要我怎麼做?辭職


I wanted to, but I kept putting it off..可話到嘴邊卻難以啟齒

Lynette: Talk to Peterson, maybe he can get her transferred. Weren't you guys talking about setting something up in Belize?

和彼得森談談,也許他可以把他調走。你們不是打算在伯利茲城開拓市場嗎?

transfer v.(使) 轉移,搬遷; (使) 調動; 轉職; 轉學;

Tom: Honey,you're crazy.

寶貝,你瘋了。

Lynette: No. I'm serious. If she stays, I will haunt your office. I will bring you lunch everyday. I will bring the kids to visit. I will change diapers on your desk. Every birthday cake in the break room, every retirement party, I will be there. Watching her.

我是認真的。她不走,我就會經常去你辦公室的。每天送午飯,我會帶上孩子去看你,在你的辦公桌上換尿布,每個休息室裡的生日會,每個退休聚會,我都會參加,監視著她。

haunt vi.徘徊;出沒(像鬼魂一樣)

Tom: Well, I'd better get you a parking space. Because she's staying.

那我最後給你弄個停車位。因為她不會走的。


分享到:


相關文章: