pull your leg 拉你的腿?No No No 你應該給一個生氣的眼神

在真正的英語日常交流中,老外時不時就會蹦出來各種idioms,也就是習語,所以經常出現每個單詞都認識,但是組合起來,拼湊出來的含義好像不符合當時的語境,就比如

pull your leg,編一個對話,看看你是否能猜出來真正的意思是什麼。


A: Tom told me that he was suffering financially recently and asked me whether I could afford the whole rent. We have been roommates for several years. So, of course, I said yes.

湯姆說他最近手頭有點緊,問我可不可以負擔整個房租。我們做室友已經有幾年了。所以我當然說可以了。

B: I'm afraid he was pulling your leg. I saw him selecting a diamond ring for his girlfriend in a shop yesterday!

恐怕他在_______你。昨天我在一個商店看見他在給他女友挑選鑽石戒指!

A: What! Are you serious?

什麼!當真?

有沒有猜出來合適的短語填寫上邊的空格呢?馬上揭曉答案~


pull one's leg -【Cambridge Dictionary】: to tell someone something that is not true as a way of joking with the person,告訴某人說這不是真的,是個玩笑,簡單的說,就是戲弄某人。


pull your leg 拉你的腿?No No No 你應該給一個生氣的眼神

Stop pulling my leg - you would rather have lunch with Bono than take me to the hospital!

別再耍我了,你寧願和波諾吃午飯,也不願意陪我去醫院!(憤怒臉)

I love pulling my sister's leg. It is so easy to annoy her.

我喜歡戲弄我妹妹。惹惱她太容易了。(幸災樂禍臉)

Don't believe him. He's just pulling your leg.

不要相信他。他就是在耍你。


其它類似的表達還有“Are you kidding?”或者“I'm joking.” 這些都可以換著用。



其它pull的idiom

Pull the other one, it's got bells on. 【Cambridge Dictionary】: used when you do not believe what someone has just said,用在不相信某人說的話時,再簡單點說,就是“鬼才信呢”、“拉倒吧”,是最接近“I don't believe you.”的表達,後面的it's got bells on可以省略。


pull your leg 拉你的腿?No No No 你應該給一個生氣的眼神


Trump said he was confident to control the spread of Covid-19. Pull the other one.

川普說他相信能控制新冠肺炎病毒的傳播。鬼才信呢!

Helen, mountain climbing? Pull the other one. - She can't even climb a ladder without feeling sick!

海倫,爬山?拉倒吧,她甚至不敢爬梯子!

pull sb/sth to pieces -【Cambridge Dictionary】: to criticize someone or something severely,嚴厲批評某人或某物,把某人或某物批地體無完膚,其中pull也可以用pick代替,一個意思。


pull your leg 拉你的腿?No No No 你應該給一個生氣的眼神


The moment she left, the rest of the family started to pull her to pieces.

她一離開,家裡其他人開始批判她。


一共講了三個pull的idiom,都記住了嗎?

  • pull one's leg
  • pull the other one (it's got bells on)
  • pull sb/sth to pieces


分享到:


相關文章: