pull yourself together: vi. 振奮起來,恢復鎮定;控制自己;打起精神來
"Well, I'm sure you'll pull yourself together like I did." (我相信你一定會像我一樣很快振作起來)----美劇《破產姐妹》
"So you better pull yourself together and get in there." (你最好振作些,趕緊過去)----美劇《美國恐怖故事》
"I need you to calm down and pull yourself together." (你要冷靜下來,振作精神)----《颶風營救》
in ...... condition: adv. 健康狀況好(或不好),身體條件適合(或不適合)
debut: The debut of a performer or sports player is their first public performance, appearance, or recording. 首次登臺;debut a song 就是首次登臺唱歌
"We have our debut battle with Titan tomorrow morning." (明天是咱們和泰坦的首次大戰)----《超級大壞蛋》
hold on to: to keep something rather than losing it, selling it, or giving it to someone else 守住,保住
"You hold on to that foolishly hopeful smile." (請留住你臉上那充滿希望的傻笑)----美劇《破產姐妹》
"My love, please hold on to hope, to our future. We will make it." (親愛的,堅持住,堅持我們的未來,我們一定能成功活下去)----TED 演講
That's all for today
May 9, 2018. XOXO
閱讀更多 老友記美語私塾 的文章