BBC動畫職場 36 與新人合作


Welcome back to English at Work where Anna is very… well, very happy!

歡迎回到“職場英語”,安娜像是十分高興!

You're in a good mood Anna.

安娜,你心情很好啊。

Well, I'm just back from France, where everything went really well.

我剛從法國回來,一切都進展得很順利。

It was quite an experience.

多麼棒的經歷。

Good. You got the contract for that big order.

很好,你簽了大訂單的合同。

All you need to do now is to deliver what you've promised.

你現在要做的就是按照承諾送貨。

I know.

我知道。

Hello Anna. Is Tom OK?

你好,安娜,湯姆還好嗎?

He seems really grumpy since he got back from France.

他從法國回來後似乎脾氣很壞。

He's fine.

他沒事的。

He just had to sleep on the sofa last night.

他只是昨晚在沙發上睡了一宿。

Really? ! I'm sure that's not what he was planning.

真的嗎?我確定這不是他計劃的。

Now, did Paul mention he's got a new member of staff for you to meet this morning?

保羅說過他今早要帶你見見新同事嗎?

No.

沒有。

Typical!

一貫如此!

Well, she's coming up in the lift with Paul now.

她現在和保羅一起坐電梯上來了。

Oh, so who is she?

她是誰?

It's Rachel. Do you remember?

是瑞秋,你記得嗎?

She's the woman who Mr Socrates recommended.

她是蘇格拉底先生推薦的人。

He says she's brilliant and allegedly one of his best employees…

他說她很優秀,並稱是他最好的員工之一。

Oh, here she comes now.

她來了。

… and this is our office.

這是我們的辦公室。

Ah, Anna, there you are.

安娜,你在這裡。

Did I mention before you went to France, that Rachel is joining us for a while?

你去法國前我跟你提過瑞秋會加入我們一陣子嗎?

No.

沒有。

Ah… well… here she is. This is Rachel.

就是她,瑞秋。

Hi!

你好!

Hi. I'm Anna.

你好,我是安娜。

I work here as a sales executive.

我是這裡的銷售主管。

I know. You're quite new aren't you, ya?

我知道,你還是個新人,不是嗎?

Not that new.

也不算新人了。

She's just won a great contract for us.

她為我們贏得了一份很棒的合同。

Anyway, looks like you two are going to get on like a house on fire.

總之,看起來你們會一見如故。

Anna, I'd like you to, sort of, work alongside Rachel.

安娜,我希望你能和瑞秋一起工作。

Alongside? Shouldn't I be in charge?

一起?難道不是我負責嗎?

Yes… it's just, you know, you're not familiar with our office and Anna is, sort of, across this new contract… so… if you don't mind?

是的,只是你還不熟悉我們的辦公室,而安娜簽了新合同,所以……如果你不介意的話?

OK. Just for now, but don't think I'm going to be told what to do.

好吧,目前是,但別以為我會任人使喚。

I'm sure you won't be Rachel but maybe we could help each other?

我保證不會的,瑞秋,但也許我們應該互相幫助?

I'll try.

我試著做吧。

Good!

很好!

Oh dear. This is awkward.

天啊。太難相處了。

I've never worked with anyone like this before.

我從來沒有和這種人工作過。

Well, now's your chance Anna.

你的機會來了,安娜。

Rachel may be awkward to manage but try these phrases which may help things go more smoothly.

瑞秋可能有點難應付,但試試這些表達會幫你應對自如。

Say, " I understand you have lots of experience so I would like to use your skills to help with the task."

比如說:“我知道你有很多經驗,所以我想借用你的這些技巧完成任務。”

And, " Together we can do this job really well."

還有“我們一起能把工作做得很好。”

But why not just start by making her a cup of tea.

但為什麼不先給她來一杯茶呢。

Good luck!

祝你好運!

Oh thanks.

多謝。

Rachel, would you like a cup of tea?

瑞秋,你想喝杯茶嗎?

And then we could talk about this contract.

之後我們可以談談合同的事。

I don't drink tea.

我不喝茶。

Let's just get down to business.

讓我們開始談正事吧。

Oh, right.

好的。

Now, I think you need to check your stock and make sure you've got your oranges.

我認為你應該檢查你的庫存,確保有足夠的橙子。

Err… It's lemons actually.

事實上是檸檬。

Whatever. Just get them and… you know… put them in a… thingy… a box.

隨便了。去查查,把它們放在……某樣東西……箱子裡。

Well, actually… I understand you have lots of experience so maybe we could you use your skills for this task?

事實上,我知道你有很多經驗,所以也許我想借用你的這些技巧完成該任務。

Well, it's true, I do have lots of experience.

沒錯,我是有很多經驗。

Thanks for recognising that.

多謝你的認可。

So maybe… we could work on this job… together?

所以也許我們可以一起做這份工作?

Oh ya, sure. Great. Of course.

當然,很好。

I can get hold of these oranges… err… lemons, pronto.

我可以立馬搞定這些橙子……檸檬。

I know a man who can get some second-hand ones, it'll save us loads of money.

我知道一個人能拿到二手貨,這能節省我們很多錢。

But what about the quality?

但是質量怎麼樣?

Quality? ! It's the cost we've got to worry about.

質量?我們應該擔心的是成本。

Keep up Hannah.

別那麼落後,漢娜。

Anna.

是安娜。

Come on Anna. Don't let her boss you around.

拜託,安娜。別讓她指手畫腳的。

It's time to stand your ground.

是時候堅持立場了。

If she causes trouble say " let's discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action" or " please respect my decision and let's move on."

如果她引起了麻煩就說:“讓我們討論一下然後得出一致的行動計劃”或“請尊重我的決定,讓我們繼續。”

Hmm, OK, I'll give it a try.

好的,我會試試。

Rachel, I like your enthusiasm but… can we discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action?

瑞秋,我喜歡你的熱情,但我們能討論一下然後得出一致的行動計劃嗎?

Of course. Why didn't you say?

當然,你怎麼不早說?

Come on discuss… discuss… talk!

來吧,討論討論,談談!

Well, we pride ourselves on quality products and our Imperial Lemon is particularly good… and I think our client is expecting that.

我們以產品質量為傲,皇家檸檬又是特別出眾的,我想客戶更看重這點。

So I would like to send them what I had promised in the contract.

所以我想按合同承諾的發給他們。

Oh ya, I see.

是的,我明白了。

But I'm not really sure you're right.

但我不確定你是對的。

Well, if you could just respect my decision this time and we can move on?

如果這次你能尊重我的決定,我們就能繼續了。

Well, just this once Hannah.

就這一次,漢娜。

But I think I'm going to have to talk to Mr Socrates about you.

但我想我會和蘇格拉底先生談談你的。

. . . . . .

Well done Anna for standing your ground.

幹得好,安娜,堅持了你的立場。

It can sometimes be tricky working with a new member of staff, but it's important to try and develop a good working relationship – remember business comes first!

和新同事一起工作有時候會很難,但重要的是搞好工作關係,記住公事優先!

Let's hear those phrases again.

讓我們再聽聽這些表達。

I understand you have lots of experience, so I would like to use your skills to help with the task.

我知道你有很多經驗,所以也許我想借用你的這些技巧完成該任務。

Together we can do this job really well.

我們一起可以把工作做好。

Let's discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action.

讓我們討論一下然後得出一致的行動計劃。

Please respect my decision and let's move on.

請尊重我的決定,讓我們繼續。

. . . . . .


Hi Anna. Can't believe we were in France this time yesterday.

嗨,安娜。真不敢相信我們昨天還在法國。

Oh hello, Tommy boy.

你好啊,小湯米。

Long time no see!

好久不見!

This is a nice surprise.

這真是一個驚喜。

Have you two met before?

你們之前認識嗎?

We certainly have. Hey Tommy boy?

我們當然認識。嘿,小湯米?

Oh no!

不!

Looks like Tom is lost for words – let's hope he finds them in time for the next episode of English at Work. Bye!

看起來湯姆無語了,希望在下一集“職場英語”中他能及時找到合適的詞。再見!


分享到:


相關文章: