很地道的英文句子

1. People are flocking to cities in droves. 人們在大批地湧入城市。

flock to … 湧入…

in droves 大批地

2. I can’t resist the temptation of chocolate. 我難以抗拒巧克力的誘惑。

resist the temptation of sth 抗拒…的誘惑

3. That guy stole my thunder. 那個人搶了我的風頭。

steal sb’s thunder 搶某人的風頭

4. Let’s get the ball rolling. 我們開始工作吧。

get the ball rolling 開始

5. We’re back to square one. 我們又回到原點了。

back to square one 回到起點、從頭再來。

6. That machine is a dud. 這個機器完全沒啥用。

dud 廢物、無用的東西

7. I don’t want to mess up this time. 我這次不想搞砸了。

mess up 搞砸、弄糟

8. Finding reliable friends on the Internet is virtually impossible. 在網上找到靠譜的朋友基本不可能。

virtually 幾乎、差不多

9. His jokes are hit-and-miss. 他的笑話有的挺好笑,有的很無聊。

hit-and-miss 時好時壞的

10. My dad is a people person. 我爸爸很擅長人際交往。

people person 擅長/喜歡交際的人

11. We're an item. 我們是一對兒。

an item 一對兒

12. James made a killing by buying and selling apartments. James通過倒房大賺了一筆。

make a killing 賺很多錢

13. I had a small company before, but it went under. 我之前有一家小公司,但它破產了。

go under 破產

14. Our professor has been piling on the homework. 我們教授一直給我們很多作業。

pile on sth 使...堆積、

15. I was super antsy while waiting for the result. 在等結果的時候我坐立不安。

be antsy 急躁的、坐立不安的

16. I had the time of my life in Fiji. 我在斐濟超級開心/度過了一段無比難忘的時光。

have the time of one’s life 過得很快樂、玩

很地道的英文句子

得痛快

17. My dad is cranky every morning. 我爸爸每天早上脾氣都很差。

cranky 脾氣壞的

18. I had a brush with death last time I went on the roller-coaster. 我上次坐過山車差點送了命。

a brush with death 差點送命

19. If I feel hungry in the afternoon, I usually munch on an apple.如果我在下午的時候感到餓,我通常會吃個蘋果。

munch on sth 大口吃…

20. It’s my wife who calls the shots on what movies we watch. 在我們家裡是我老婆決定看什麼電影。

call the shots (on sth) 做決定(做某事)@頭條教育 @頭條教育聯盟


分享到:


相關文章: