看美剧学口语:That's all there is to it. 就这样吧



[INT :Van Der Camp House -Living Room -Day白天在范德坎普家的客厅]

(Bree is packing a care package for Andrew.布里正在打包准备寄给安德鲁的爱心包裹)

Rex: We can't cancel now it's two days away.

我们不能反悔,只剩两天时间了

cancel vt. 取消;撤销;吊销; 删去


看美剧学口语:That's all there is to it. 就这样吧/仅此而已

Bree: Rex, I'm not going and that's all there is to it.

雷克斯,我不会去的,就这样吧

Rex: Counselling is part of the treatment at Camp Hennessy, you knew that.

咨询辅导是赫尼西营治疗课程的一部分,你是知道的。

Bree: Nowhere in their brochure did it say that we were expected to attend.(否定词句首,半倒装)

手册上并没有说我们也得出席。

brochure n. 手册,小册子


看美剧学口语:That's all there is to it. 就这样吧/仅此而已

Rex: What's Andrew going to think if you don't show up?

要是你不去,安德鲁会怎么想的

Bree: Well, I'm making him this care package. I mean he'll know I'm thinking about him.

我给他准备了爱心包裹,他会明白我在想着他。

(Bree picks up a box of home made cakes.布里拿起一包自制的蛋糕)

Rex: Why are you putting in lemon squares? They told us not to send them sweets.

你为什么又把那些柠檬方块蛋糕放进去他们说了不能他寄甜点。

Bree: Well, I don't understand why.

不不明白这是为什么?

Rex: I guess they feel baked goods from mom undermine the boot camp experience.


我猜是他们认为妈妈做的糕点会削弱训练营的体验

undermine vt.逐渐削弱;暗中损害

boot camp 新兵训练营 少年管教所

在美西战争(Spanish-American War,1898)期间服役的美国水兵都穿一种上端有绑腿,叫做boots的靴子。据传,在甲板集合时老兵们通常都是赤着脚的,即使在酷寒时也不例外,他们以此为荣。但新兵因不习惯总是穿着靴子。因此,人们便把海军或海军陆战队受训的新兵戏称为boots,新兵受训的地方,即新兵训练营则被称作boot camp美锐国海军陆战队是世界上最大的精部队。新兵成为美国海军陆战队正式成员之前,必须先到位于加州圣迭戈和南卡罗来那州的巴利斯岛(ParriS)两个训练基地之一,经历著名的12 周“新兵训练“(BOOTCAMP),后来也指少年管教所,少年感化院。

Bree: Fine, I won't send them but I think it's a stupid rule.

好吧,我把它们拿出来就是,但我认为这是愚蠢的规定。

(Bree puts down the box.布里把箱子放下)

Rex: So, are you going to this thing or not?

那么你是去还是不去

Bree: No.不去。

Rex: Why?为什么?


看美剧学口语:That's all there is to it. 就这样吧/仅此而已

Bree: Because the minute I get there, Andrew will start attacking me for abandoning him and I don't want to hear it.

因为我一到那儿,安德鲁就会责怪我抛弃他,我不想听那些。

the minute=the moment=the second=the instant=as soon as 一......就......

attack vt.& vi. 攻击,进攻,抨击

abandon vt. 遗弃;放弃

Rex: There's no reason to feel guilty you know. You did everything you could for him.

你没有理由觉得内疚你已经竭尽所能了

句型:There is no reason to do没有理由做某事

feel guilty觉得内疚

Bree: I don't feel guilty.

我并没有觉得内疚。

Rex: OK.好吧。

(Rex walks away, and Bree picks up the box of sweets, puts them in the package and seals it up.雷克斯做出去,布里拿起甜点,放进包裹迅速封起来)


分享到:


相關文章: