前缀 Prefixes


BBC六分钟词汇 - 前缀 Prefixes

-Hello and welcome to 6 Minute Vocabulary, if you're serious about vocabulary, we'll show you how to learn it. I'm Finn. - And I'm Alice.

-欢迎来到六分钟英语词汇,如果你重视词汇,那我们会教你如何学习。我是费恩。-我是爱丽丝。

In today's show we're going to look at a very interesting area of vocabulary — prefixes.

本期节目我们将探索词汇中的一个有趣类别——前缀。

We'll look at what they are, what they mean and how to use them.

我们会学到什么是前缀,它们的意思是什么以及如何使用它们。

There'll be a quiz.

然后还有个小测试。

And we'll leave you with a top tip for learning vocabulary.

我们还会教你一个学习词汇的好妙招。

But before all that, we're going to hear from Dave. He's just got back from lunch, but he isn't happy.

在此之前,我们先听听戴夫的事儿,他刚吃完午饭回来,看着不太高兴。

Now, a question to think about while you listen: what was the problem with Dave's food?

听录音回答问题:戴夫的食物怎么了?

What was the problem with Dave's food? Let's find out.

戴夫的食物怎么了?让我们来听听看吧。

I just tried the new seafood restaurant, and I wish I hadn't. It was intolerable!

我刚去吃了新开的海鲜餐馆,真后悔。简直令人无法忍受!

To start with, my seat was really uncomfortable. I had no room to move.

首先,我的座位很不舒服。没有空间动弹。

And the menu was very misleading. The photos looked nothing like the actual food.

菜单也很误导人。实物和照片完全不一样。

When my food came it was uncooked. I told the waiter, but he disagreed. He said it was fine. He said he'd eat it himself!

我点的食物还没熟。我跟服务生说了,他却不这么认为,他说就是这样的。他说他自己已经试过了!

And I looked in the kitchen — it was really unhygienic.

然后我看了看厨房,非常的不卫生。

There was food all over the floor. It was a disgrace!

地上到处都是食物,简直是名声扫地!

So Dave's pretty unhappy. And what was wrong with his food?

戴夫非常不高兴。他的食物怎么了呢?

Well, he said that it was uncooked. It was cold and raw because it hadn't been cooked.

他说食物还没熟。又冷又生,因为根本没做熟。

Not very nice! Well done if you got that right at home.

的确不太好。如果你答对了的话那很棒哦。

Now, uncooked is an example of the vocabulary area we're looking at today — prefixes.

未烹饪过的就是我们今天要学的前缀词汇之中的例子。

Yes: prefixes — or as some people say: prefixes. Prefixes, prefixes.

是的,前缀。

A prefix is a small part of a word, usually just a couple of letters, that we put at the front of a base word to change its meaning.

前缀是单词的一小部分,通常是几个字母组成的,放在原词前能改变词义。

For example, the prefix un, spelt u-n, is added to happy, to make unhappy, which means not happy.

比如,前缀 un 加在 happy 前可以变成 unhappy,意思是不满意。

And Dave was unhappy about the restaurant.

戴夫对餐馆不满意。

Yes. He said the seats were uncomfortable — meaning not comfortable, and the kitchen was unhygienic, meaning unclean — not clean.

是的。他说座位不舒服,厨房不干净。

So that's un, meaning 'not' — and all today's prefixes have the meaning of not.

un 的意思是 not,今天的前缀都有不的意思。

So, Dave said the meal was intolerable. Intolerable. In - spelt i-n - is another prefix that can mean not — and poor Dave couldn't tolerate the meal.

戴夫说食物无法忍受。in 是另外一个能表达“不”的前缀,可怜的戴夫无法忍受这餐食。

Now, let's listen to a bit more of Dave.

我们再听听戴夫说了什么。

I told the waiter, but he disagreed. He said it was fine.

我跟服务生说了,他却不认同。他说这没问题。

The waiter disagreed with him about the food.

服务生不同意他说的食物的问题。

The prefix dis, spelt d-i-s, means not, or 'to do the opposite', like disagree – to not agree.

dis 这个前缀也有“不”的意思,或者说是相反的意思,disagree 就是 not agree 的意思。

Yes, and Dave said it was a disgrace — they should be ashamed of it.

是的,戴夫说这是个耻辱,他们应该感到丢脸。

Let's hear today's prefixes again.

让我们再听听今天学的前缀吧。

-The first one was: un. - Unhappy, uncooked, unhygienic, unclean.

-第一个是:un。-不满意的,未经烹饪的,不卫生的,不干净的。

-In. - Intolerable, inexpensive.

-In。-无法忍受的,不贵的。

-Dis. -Disagree, disgrace.

-Dis.-不同意,丢脸的。

And it's time for a quiz. Try to work out the word that finishes the sentence. Ready?

接下来是测试时间。找出补全句子的单词。准备好了吗?

Number 1. The advert said that the phone was £5 a month, but it didn't say anything about the £50 set-up fee.

1,广告说电话费用是5磅每月,但是没有说开通费要50磅。

It was very. . . a) unhappy b) inexpensive c) misleading.

这非常的:a) unhappy b) inexpensive c) misleading.

The advert made people believe something that isn't true, so it was very. . . c) misleading.

广告误导了大家,所以应该是:c) misleading.

Now number 2. This letter has come to the wrong house. There's been a. . . a) mistake b) disgrace c) disagreement.

2,信送错了地方。这是个:a) mistake b) disgrace c) disagreement.

It's not correct so. . . a) mistake.

这是错误的,所以选 a) mistake.

Well done if you got those right.

如果你做对了的话那很棒哦。

And that brings us almost to the end of today's programme.

这样的话,本期节目就快要结束了。

Before we go, here's today's top tip for learning vocabulary: if you look up some of today's words in a dictionary, you'll find lots more words starting with the same prefixes.

结束之前,告诉大家一个词汇学习的妙招:如果你在字典里查阅今天学的单词,你会发现很多以同样前缀开头的词汇。

Many of them may be words that you already knew without the prefix.

其中很多单词除去前缀可能是你已经习得的。

So, when you add a prefix, you get two words for the price of one!

因此,当你给它加上前缀的时候,就能得到买一送一的单词啦!

That's brilliant. Sounds like a good way to quickly double your vocabulary.

太棒了。听起来是个增加词汇量的好办法。

Very good. Isn't it?

很棒不是吗?

There's more about this at www. bbclearningenglish. com. Join us again for more 6 Minute Vocabulary.

BBC英语学习网,欢迎访问更多。快加入六分钟词汇学习吧。

-Bye! -Bye.

-再见。-再见。


分享到:


相關文章: