雙語閱讀:As long as you are happy

雙語閱讀:As long as you are happy | 只要你幸福就好


We tried so hard to make things better for our kids that we made them worse.

我們竭盡全力想讓我們的兒女們過得更好,而結果卻是適得其反.

For my grandchildren, I d know better.

對我的孫輩們,我就明智得多了.

I'd really like for them to know about hand-me-down clothes and home-made ice cream and leftover meatloaf.

我真的希望他們能夠了解什麼是兄長傳下來的舊衣服,家制的冰淇淋,以及吃剩的肉糕.

I really would.

我真的希望.

My cherished grandson,

我的寶貝孫子,

雙語閱讀:As long as you are happy | 只要你幸福就好


I hope you learn humility by surviving failure and that you learn to be honest even when no one is looking.

我希望你在經受失敗的考驗之後能學會謙卑,也希望你能學會誠實,即使在沒有人注視你的時候.

I hope you learn to make your bed ,

我希望你能學會自己疊被子,

and mow the lawn and wash the car-and I hope nobody gives you a brand-new car when you are sixteen.

自己刈草坪,自己洗車-我還希望在你滿十六歲時沒有人送給你一輛嶄新的轎車.

It will be good if at least one time you can see a baby calf born,

假如你至少有一次機會看見小牛犢出生,

and you have a good friend to be with you if you ever have to put your old dog to sleep.

假如你不得不為你的老狗送終,那時有一位好朋友在場為你作伴-那樣該有多好啊!



I hope you get a black eye fighting for something you believe in.

我希望你能為自己的所信仰與人鬥得眼青臉腫.

I hope you have to share a bedroom with your younger brother.

我希望你能和你弟弟共一間臥室.

And it is all right to draw a line down the middle of the room,

即使你在臥室中間劃一條分界線也沒關係.

but when he wants to crawl under the covers with you because he s scared, I hope you ll let him.

可是,當弟弟因為害怕而要爬進你的被窩時,我希望你會接納他.

And when you want to see a Disney movie and your kid brother wants to tag along,I hope you take him.

當你要出去看迪斯尼電影,你的小弟弟想做你的小尾巴時,我希望你能帶上他.

I hope you have to walk uphill with your friends and that you live in a town where you can do it safely.

我希望你能和朋友們一起爬山,而在你所生活的城市裡做這項運動不會有什麼危險.

If you want a slingshot, I hope your father teaches you how to make one instead of buying one.

如果你想要一把彈弓,我希望你父親能教你怎樣自己做一把,而不是為你買一把現成的.

I hope you learn to dig in the dirt and read books, and when you learn to use computers,

我還希望你能學會挖泥巴和讀書;而當你學會使用電腦時,

you also learn how to add and subtract in your head.

你也應該學會加減法的心算.



雙語閱讀:As long as you are happy | 只要你幸福就好

I hope you get razzed by friends when you have your first crush on a girl,

當你第一次戀上一個女孩時,我希望你會受到朋友們的嘲弄;

and that when you talk back to your mother you learn what Ivory soap tastes like.

而當你跟你母親頂嘴時,希望她叫你嘗一嘗象牙肥皂的滋味.

May you skin your knee climbing a mountain, burn your hand on the stove and stick your tongue on a frozen flagpole.

但願你能在爬山時弄破膝蓋上的皮,或者在爐子上燒傷手,或者讓舌頭粘在結冰的旗杆上.

I hope you get sick when someone blows smoke in your face.

我希望吸菸者對著你的臉上噴吐煙霧時,你會感到噁心.

I don t care if you try beer once, but I hope you won t like it.

如果你嘗試喝一次啤酒,我不會在意;但是我希望你不會喜歡上它.

And if a friend offers you a joint or any drugs, I hope you are smart enough to realize that person is not your friend.

如果有一位朋友請你吸一口含大麻的香菸,或者任何毒品,我希望你明智地意識到他不是你的朋友.

I sure hope you make time to sit on a porch with your granda or go fishing with your uncle.

我當然希望你能抽時間來陪你爺爺在門廊上坐一坐,或者陪你叔叔釣釣魚.

I hope your mother punishes you when you throw a baseball through a neighbor s window,

如果你把捧球扔進了鄰居的窗戶,我希望你母親懲罰你.

and that she hugs you and kisses you when you give her a plaster of pared mold of your hand.

如果你能剪掉指甲,用石膏做一隻自己的手的模型送給你媽,我希望她會給你擁抱和親吻.

These things I wish for you-tough times and disappointment, hard work and happiness.

我希望你能經歷:艱難的歲月,挫折和失望;希望你努力工作,幸福快樂.


雙語閱讀:As long as you are happy | 只要你幸福就好


分享到:


相關文章: