跟著英國課本學英語——第二課

Lesson 2 Try Again (2)

第二課 再試一次 (2)



These two little words gave him a fresh impulse, and he bent his mind again to his task.

這幾個字給了他新的動力,他再次下定決心去完成自己的功課。

Gradually he began to find the sentences lingering in his memory; and soon, to his surprise and pleasure, the whole lesson was mastered!

他漸漸地開始發現那些句子在記憶中揮之不去;很快,讓他又驚又喜的是,他掌握了整篇課文的內容!


跟著英國課本學英語——第二課


He then rose from his seat and proceeded to the teacher's desk.

然後,他從座位上站起來,走到老師的書桌前。

"What do you want now? asked the teacher.

“現在你想怎麼樣?老師問。”

"To say my lesson, sir."

“複述課文,老師。”

"Did you not try half an hour ago?"

“你半小時前不是試過了嗎?”

"Yes; but I can say it now, sir, said the boy."

“是的;但是現在我可以複述了,老師。男孩說。”

"Go on, then."

“那複述吧。”

Henry commenced, and repeated the whole lesson without missing a word!

亨利開始了,他複述了整篇課文,一個詞也沒丟!

The master gave him a look of pleasure as he handed back his book.

他把書還給老師時,老師高興地看著他。

"From that day," continued Mr. Prentice, "there was no boy in the school who learned morerapidly than Henry."

“從那天起,”普倫蒂斯先生繼續說,“學校裡沒有哪個男孩比亨利學得更快。”

He urges his son George to'try again,' as he tried.

現在,他鼓勵兒子喬治像他那樣'再試一次'。


跟著英國課本學英語——第二課




"And was it indeed you, father?" asked his son, eagerly looking up into the face of his kind parent.

“爸爸,這真的是你嗎?”兒子問道,急切地仰望著自己和藹的父親。

"Yes, my child. That dull boy was your own father in his early years."

“是的,孩子。那個遲鈍的男孩就是童年時的爸爸啊。”

"Then I will try again," said George, in a decided tone;

“那我就再試一次,”喬治用堅定的口吻說著。

and, flinging aside his half-made kite, he turned and reentered the house, and was soon bending in earnest attention over his lesson.

他拋下做了一半的風箏,轉身又回到屋裡,很快就專心地學習課文了。


跟著英國課本學英語——第二課


"Well, what success, George?" asked Mr. Prentice, as the family gathered around the tea-table.

“喬治,學得好嗎?”一家人圍坐在茶桌旁時,普倫蒂斯先生問道。

"I learned the lesson, father!" replied the boy. "I can say every word of it."

“爸爸,我學完那篇課文了!”男孩回答道。“我能一字一句的複述。”

"Did you find it hard work?"

“你覺得它難嗎?”

"Not so very hard, after I had once made up my mind that I would learn it.”

“我在下定決心要把它學會後,就覺得不是很難了。”

Indeed I never stopped to think, as I usually do, but went right on until I had mastered every sentence."

事實上,我沒有像平時那樣停下來多想,而是一直繼續學,直到掌握了每個句子。”


跟著英國課本學英語——第二課

"May you never forget this lesson, my son!" said Mr. Prentice.

“希望你永遠記住這一課,兒子!”普倫蒂斯先生說。

"You now possess the secret of success.

“你現在擁有了成功的秘訣。

It lies in never stopping to think about a task being difficult or tiresome, but in going steadilyon, with a fixed determination to succeed."

它在於永遠不停下來考慮任務有多困難或多無聊,而是堅持不懈地繼續做,以堅定的心態走向成功。

(323單詞)


分享到:


相關文章: