Hey, I'm not judging you. 我不是在對你說三道四

口語學習:

1.But honey, we socialise with them. What am I going to say to Helen?

親愛的,我們他們有交情,我該怎麼和海倫說?

2. All I know is that I've never felt worse. I've got to do something.

我只知道,我從來沒這麼難受過我得采取行動

3.Okay, this is exactly what I was afraid of.

我就是擔心你會往這方面想

4. Hey, I'm not judging you.

我不是在對你說三道四/品頭論足.

5.That's all there is to it.

僅此而已。

6.You've got the wrong idea.

完全不是你想像的那樣。



Rex: Of course I don't want a new cardiologist, but Lee's been conducting tests for weeks. He should have been able to figure out what is wrong with me by now.

我當然不想另找一個心臟病醫生,但李已經做了好幾周的檢查,可他至今不知道我哪出了問題了。

Bree: But honey, we socialise with them. What am I going to say to Helen?

親愛的,我們他們有交情,我該怎麼和海倫說?

socialize/socilaise with sb. 進行社交活動;與人交往

Rex: All I know is that I've never felt worse. I've got to do something.

我只知道,我從來沒這麼難受過我得采取行動

Bree: I um. I have to talk to Edie.

我得和伊迪聊兩句。

Rex: But we're gonna be late.

可我們要遲到了。

Bree: Oh, it'll just take a second. I need to um, to get a recipe.

只需要一會兒,我要問個食譜。

Bree: Edie! Hi.

Edie: Hi.

Bree: I saw you at Alfredo's yesterday.

我昨天在費雷多餐廳遇到你了。

Edie: Yes, I saw you too. Naughty, naughty.

是啊,我也看到你了。調皮,真調皮。

naughty 1.調皮,搗蛋,不聽話 2.下流的,粗俗的

Bree: I beg your pardon?

你說什麼呢?

Edie: The guy. The one you were spoon-feeding. Not bad. A little petite for my taste but then again, I'm not the one sleeping with him.

那傢伙,你喂東西吃的那人,還不錯,雖然對我來說弱了點,不過又不是我要跟他睡。

petite 嬌小的,小個子的

Bree: Okay, this is exactly what I was afraid of. George and I are just friends.

我就是擔心你會往這方面想,喬治和我只是朋友。

Edie: Hey, I'm not judging you. I get it. I mean Rex was sticking it to that hooker housewife. It's pay-back time.

嘿,我不想損你,我明白的。雷克斯和那個道貌岸然的妓女有染,該是你報仇的時候了。

judge: 評價 判斷,裁判,對別人說三道四,品頭論足

第一集勒奈特在開車在路上孩子們在鬧,被交警攔要開罰單然後發飆‘

LYNETTE: And for you to stand there, and judge me.

而你卻站在這兒,對我品頭論足。

Who is she to judge us? 她算老幾啊?對我們說三道四的。

Bree: You've got the wrong idea. That man is my pharmacist!

完全不是你想的那樣。那個男的是我的藥劑師。

Edie: You could have an affair with anyone and you choose a pharmacist? You are such a republican.

那麼多人,你偏偏找個藥劑師,你還真是個共和黨人啊。

Bree: I am not having an affair! George and I-we just talk. He's a very good listener and I share my hopes and dreams with him and my innermost thoughts. And that's all there is to it, and you have to believe me.

我沒有在搞婚外戀,喬治和我只是聊聊天。他很善於傾聽,我可以跟他談我的報負,理想以及我內心最隱秘的想法。僅此而已,你得相信我。

Edie: Okay, I believe you.

好的,我相信你。

Bree: Thank you. I'm glad we cleared this up. I know that it must have looked strange and I didn't want you to think that I was cheating on my husband.

謝謝。我很高興把這件事澄清了,你肯定覺得這事很古怪,我不想你覺得我對丈夫不忠。

Edie: But you sort of are.

但你的確有點兒不忠。

Bree: Excuse me?

什麼?

Edie: Oh, come on, Bree, you're telling this guy your innermost thoughts-your hopes and dreams. Sex aside it sounds like you're being pretty intimate with a guy who isn't your husband.

別不承認了,布里,你把內心最隱秘的想法都告訴他了——你的報復,你的追求。除了沒發生性關係,你跟一個不是自己丈夫的男人那麼親密,

intimate adj.親密的;私人的;關係緊密的

Bree: Oh. Oh, I mean, everybody needs someone to talk to.

每個人人有需要能一起說說話的人。

Edie: So what's wrong with talking to Rex?

那怎麼不跟雷克斯說?


分享到:


相關文章: