Try to put a positive spin on it儘量說得好聽一些

口語學習:

1.From a source that doesn't have an agenda.

所以就得通過沒有任何企圖的外人

2.Try to put a positive spin on it.

儘量說得好聽一些。/委婉一些。

3.You told me to spin it. I did the best I could.

你叫我說得好聽一些。我盡力了。

4.Deirdre's dead. It doesn't matter who killed her. Just let it go.

黛德拉死了,是誰殺的已經無關緊要,就讓這一切過去吧

5.Deirdre humiliated this family and threw our love back in our faces.

黛德拉讓家人蒙羞,對我們的關心不屑一顧

6.Are you done?說完了嗎?



Julie: You hired a private investigator?

你僱了個私家偵探?

Susan: I can't trust Mike, and I wanted to find out what really happened. From a source that doesn't have an agenda. Now open it up.

我不信任麥克,我想知道到底發生了什麼?所以就得通過沒有任何企圖的外人。現在打開。

source n.來源; 出處; 信息來源; 原始資料; 起源; 根源; 原因;

agenda n.(會議的) 議程表,議事日程;企圖,意圖

還記得上一集勒納特懷疑丈夫前女友而去向伊迪取經說了這句:

I don't trust this woman. I think there's an agenda there.

我不信這個女的,這背後一定有陰謀詭計。


Try to put a positive spin on it儘量說得好聽一些/說得委婉點


Julie: Okay. Are you ready?

你準備好了嗎?

Susan: Go.

開始吧。

Susan: Stop.

停。

Julie: What?

什麼?

Susan: If you find out something that's really bad, just try and put a positive spin on it.

如果你真的發現了什麼很不好的事,儘量說得好聽一些。

spin n. 旋轉 positive adj. 積極的,肯定的。

put a positive spin on sth. 樂觀,積極地看待某事

Julie: Okay. I have some good news and some bad news.

好了,我有好消息也有壞消息。

Susan: Give me the bad news first.

先告訴我壞消息。

Julie: The guy Mike killed was a cop.

麥克殺的人是個警察。

Susan: Oh my god! Oh my god!

天哪 天哪

Susan: Okay, give me the good news.

好消息呢

Julie: There is none.

沒有。

Susan: What?

什麼?

Julie: You told me to spin it. I did the best I could.

你叫我說得好聽一些。我盡力了。

Susan: Oh, forget it. Just let me look at it myself.

算了吧,我自己來看。

Susan: I don't believe it.

令人難以置信。

Julie: What is it?

是什麼?

Susan: I know her. (talking about Kendra)

我認識她。

Kendra: What's going on here?

怎麼回事?

Kendra: You two just can't stop, can you? Deirdre's dead. It doesn't matter who killed her. Just let it go.

你們兩個還不肯放手,是嗎?黛德拉死了,是誰殺的已經不重要,就讓這事過去吧

Mike: It's not that easy, Kendra.

沒那麼容易,凱德拉。

Kendra: Why? My sister hated you. Both of you. She said so.

為什麼,我妹妹恨你,恨你們兩個,她自己說的。

Noah: That was the drugs talking.

那是毒品的關係。

Kendra: (sarcastic) Right, right. The drugs.Deirdre humiliated this family and threw our love back in our faces. She knew it and she couldn't have cared less.

是呀,毒品。黛德拉讓家人蒙羞,對我們的關心不屑一顧,她很清楚這點,而且毫不在乎。

Noah: Are you done?說完了嗎?

Kendra: No. I want to know what you're planning.

沒有,我知道你們在計劃什麼。

Mike: We're just talking.

我們只是聊天而已

Kendra: I don't believe you.

我不信。

Mike: Then don't ask.

那就別問了。


分享到:


相關文章: