Well, I see I’m getting out easy.说出来真痛快。

口语学习

1.They just upped their offer. He just made me vice president.

他们压过那些公司的待遇,他升我做副总了

2.She got another job offer. I couldn't afford to lose her, not now."

有家公司来挖墙脚,我可不能失去她,尤其是现在。

3.Okay, you made your point."

好的,我明白你的意思了。

4. I gotta tell you, but this one, this is the stupidest.

我不吐不快,但这次绝对是最失败的一次

5."You have been running this company into the ground since you got here.

从你进公司以来,公司业绩就一直在下滑

6.Well, I see I’m getting out easy."

说出来真痛快。

7.Why she got the nod instead of you?

为什么是她被挑中而不是你/

8.Have your desk cleaned out by tonight.

今晚之前收拾好你的桌子走人



Tom: "Hey, what's going on?"

嘿,怎么回事?

Annabel: "Oh Tom, I have had the craziest day. This morning the guys from Mitchell and Currents called me in. and offered me a job.

汤姆,今天真是太疯狂了。今天早上,米切尔和科斯恩公司打电话来说要聘我。

Tom: "Well, are you gonna take it?"

你打算接受吗?

Annabel: "Well, I told Peterson about it and they just upped their offer. He just made me vice president."

我告诉彼德森了。他们压过那些公司的待遇,他升我做副总了。

Tom: "Of what?"

哪的副总。

Annabel: "Tom! The firm. He gave me Duggan's old job. Isn't that wild? I gotta go tell Scotty. I'll see you later."

汤姆,整个公司的。我接替了达根,是不是很疯狂。我得去告诉斯科特了。待会儿见。

Dan: "Oh Tom, I was just coming to find you."

汤姆,我正要找你呢。

Tom: "What the hell, Dan? I mean what the hell? You promoted Annabel over me?"

这算什么?丹,这是什么意思?你竟然给安娜贝尔升职而不是给我?

Dan: "She got another job offer. I couldn't afford to lose her, not now."

有家公司来挖墙脚,我可不能失去她,尤其是现在。

Tom: "Well, guess what, you lose me, 'cause I quit."

好吧,那你要失去我了,我要辞职。

Dan: "Tom, don't overreact."

汤姆别这么激动。

Tom: "No, the first time you passed me by, I took it like a good soldier, but since Duggan's heart attack, I have already been doing the job, I've already been doing it, then you just hand it to Annabel?"

不,第一次你把我忽略了,我默默地接受了。但自从达根心脏病突发,我实际上已经接手他的工作,这么久了,你又突然这个职位给了安娜贝尔。

Dan: "Okay, you made your point."

好的,我明白你的意思了。

Tom: "You know, you make crappy decisions on a daily basis, Dan, I gotta tell you, but this one, this is the stupidest."

你知道吗,你天天都在做一些蹩脚的决定,丹,我不吐不快,但这次绝对是最失败的一次。

Dan: "Hey, watch yourself."

说话注意点。

Tom: "You have been running this company into the ground since you got here. Well, I see I’m getting out easy."

从你进公司以来,公司业绩就一直在下滑说出来真痛快。

Dan: "All right, Scavo, you want to know why I gave that promotion to Annabel? Why she got the nod instead of you? It was Lynette."

好吧,斯加沃,你知道我为什么升安娜贝尔的职吗。为什么她被肯定了而不是你,都是因为勒奈特。

get the nod (美国俚语)得到点头同意.被挑

Tom: "What?" 什么?

Dan: "She went to my wife and begged her to get me to kill your promotion. She said that if you start traveling more, it's gonna hurt your family."

她去求我的妻子劝我不给你升职,她说如果你出差太多的话,会伤害到你的家庭。

Tom: "She did that?"

她那么做了?

Dan: "Now I feel like a chump for trying to help you guys out. I guess it was another one of my crappy decisions. Have your desk cleaned out by tonight."

我现在都后悔帮助你们了。也算是我失败的决定了。今晚之前收拾好你的桌子走人

n.呆子;笨蛋;


分享到:


相關文章: