聽英文去了解哈佛的故事第一部分

Han Meimei and John is looking for somewhere they can have a rest.

J: I'm exhausted.I can’t walk any longer. Let’s have a rest.

J:累死我了,我走不動了,歇會兒吧。

H: You all right? We didn’t walk too much.

H:你還好吧?我們也沒走太多路呀。

J: I went mountain climbing yesterday with my Christian brothers.

J:我昨天和教友們去爬山了。

H: That must be tiring. Look, there,re a lot of people sitting over there. Hold out! We're almost there.

H:那肯定很累人。看,有很多人坐在那邊休息呢。堅持一下,就快到了。

J: Oh, I didn’t realize we’re arriving at Tanner Fountain. Great!

J:哦,我沒意識到我們就快到唐納噴泉了,太好了

H: You know there?

H:你知道那兒?

J: Sure. I believe that’s the most terrific place at Harvard.

J:當然,我認為那是哈佛最美的地方。

H: Why didn’t you take me here?

H:那你為什麼不帶我來這兒呢?

J: I planned to show you some places that have historical significance. You can put the blame on me.

J:我原打算讓你看看有歷史意義的地方,怪我。

H: I wasn’t blaming you. I was just asking you.

H:我不是在怪你,我只是問你。

J: Well, not too late to make up for my fault.

J:好吧,亡羊補牢為時不晚。

(They reach the fountain.)

(他們達到噴泉。)

H: It is beautiful. But...it looks a little strange, but I can’t tell.

H:確實很漂亮,但……看起來有點怪,但又說不上來。

J: Look at it more closely. Don’t you see that the water is at the same level as the ground?

J:再仔細看看,不覺得水和地面在一個平面上嗎?

H: Oh, I see. The fountains Fve seen before all have basins, but this one doesn't.

H:啊,我明白了。我以前見過的噴泉都有水池,而這個設有。

J: That’s the innovation of this fountain.

J:這就是這個噴泉的創新之處。

H: No wonder it is well-preserved.

H:怪不得保持得這麼完好。

J: I haven’t thought about this question. Why?

J:我設想過這個問題,為什麼?

H: You know, most of the fountains are actually abandoned after some time. The water used to be clear, and there were even some fish. Finally, they only turn out to be dry basins without water.

H:你知道,實際上很多噴泉在用了一段時間之後就荒廢了。以前水是清的,水裡甚 至還有魚,但最後只剩下設有水的乾池子了。

J: How come?

j:怎麼回事?

H: Because the basin can leak, and people don’t want to take the trouble to mend it.

H:因為水池會漏水,人們也不想修,嫌麻煩。

聽英文去了解哈佛的故事第一部分

J: That happens. The innovation of the design also lies in that a fountain like this brings people close to it.

J:這樣的事經常發生。這個設計的新意還在於像這樣的噴泉可以讓人們更靠近它。

H: Look at that guy, he seems to forget where he is and is just enjoying his life.

H:看那個傢伙廠他似乎忘了自己在哪兒了,只是在盡情地享受生活。

J; When people are here, they can totally relax and forget about the stresses of study and work.

J:人們在這兒的時候可以完全於松,忘記學習和工作的壓力。

H: You’re right that this is the most wonderful place I’ve seen today at Harvard. It shortens the distance between human and nature although it’s artificial.

H:你是對的,這是我今天在哈佛看到的最棒的地方了。它縮短了人與自然之間的距 離,雖說它是人造的。

J: In this sense, the design is human-centered.

J:從這個意義上說,這個設計很人性化。

H: Nature is blended into? life.

H:自然融入了生活。

J: What’s more, the fountain will have some changes with seasons.

J:而且這個噴泉會隨季節變換而有一些變化。

H: Sounds interesting!

H:聽起來很有意思。

J: In summer, people can play in the water. In winter, the steam from the heating system takes the place, making it even more beautiful

J:夏天的時候,人們可以在水裡玩耍;冬天的時候,供暖系統提供的熱氣會籠罩這 裡,讓它更加漂亮。

H: That’ll add some mystique? to it

H:那會給這裡增添神秘感。

J: Feel like you5re in heaven.

J:感覺在天堂。

H: I wish it were winter now. I’m imagining how beautiful it is in winter.

H:希望現在就是冬天。我在想象冬天時它有多美。

J: You can come back and appreciate it in winter.

J:你可以冬天再來欣賞。

H: I don’t want to miss such a good chance to take pictures. Can you take a photo for me?

H:我可不想錯過這麼好的照相機會。你能繪我拍張照嗎?

J: I don’t have a camera.

J:我沒有相機。

H: You can use the camera on my cell phone, it has five megapixel.

H:可以用我手機上的相機,有500萬像素。

J: Cool! Say “cheese”,done! Come and see how it looks.

J:酷! “茄子”,好了!過來看看怎麼樣。

H: Perfect. Thank you.

H:很好,謝謝你。

J: It’s getting late. We’d better go home now.

J:不早了,我們最好回去吧。

H: My time in paradise is coming to an end. I haven’t finished my homework yet. I’m afraid I have to stay up.

H:我的快樂時光即將結束了。我還沒寫完作業呢,恐怕要熬夜了。

J: You’ll get used to it.

J:你會習慣的。

H: Well, I’ve been a bother today. Thank you very much for being my guide today.

H:好吧,今天打擾你了,非常感謝你今天做我的導遊。

J: Don't mention it. See you tomorrow at school.

J:不客氣,明天學校見。

H: See you.

H:再見。


分享到:


相關文章: