“讓一切塵埃落定”用英語怎麼說?Let the dust settle?

“讓一切塵埃落定”用英語怎麼說?Let the dust settle難道是讓灰塵落下?

“讓一切塵埃落定”用英語怎麼說?Let the dust settle?

Dialogue.

A: Sorry I’m late. It’s going a bit crazy out there in the office.

不好意思,我遲到了,這會兒辦公室裡亂糟糟的。

B: Crazy?

亂糟糟的?

A: Yes. Everybody is arguing and shouting.

是的,大家在爭吵,每個人都在大聲嚷嚷。

B: About what exactly?

到底是因為什麼?

A: The mess in the office.

因為辦公室裡狼藉一片。

B: Hmm, well you’d better stay in here and keep out of the way until things have calmed down.

嗯。。。你最好待在這兒,遠離辦公室,直到事情平息下來。

A: Good idea-I’ll just let the dust settle.

好主意--我會讓“塵埃落下來”

B: Oh, so the office is messy and dusty.

哦,所以說辦公室裡一片狼藉,滿是灰塵

A: No, I just mean I’ll wait for the situation to calm down.

不是的,我的意思是我會等到事情平息下來。

For examples

We’re busy moving house at the moment but I’ll give you a call when the dust settles.

這會兒我們忙著搬家,但是等到一切塵埃落定,我會給你打電話的。

Now the dust has settled after the restructuring, I think we can talk about recruitment.

調整過後,事情已經塵埃落定,我想我們可以談一談招聘事宜了。

Let the dust settle的意思是“等到事情平息下來”或者“讓一切塵埃落定”

“讓一切塵埃落定”用英語怎麼說?Let the dust settle?

今天的學習就到這裡啦!

每天我都會為大家分享這樣的乾貨

然後整理出精華內容

讓你學到最地道的日常英語表達

今天你打卡學習了嗎?

下期再見!


分享到:


相關文章: